Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since this is basically a no-frills BMX truck, and you don’t use your brakes much on a BMX, we are going to (for the time being) just run rear brakes off a shorty brake lever. No booster.

If he needs to lock it up, he can hit the button on the E-Stopp Nolen put in and skid to a stop with a cool fishtail.

683C4FD1-5612-4CE1-9C5A-FD4890CC7C91.jpeg

RHD conversion to keep an air cleaner :rofl:

Remote booster?

I know its not trick or cool, but my bone stock 65 with drum brakes and a single master stops hard and fast when everything is right. You could run a non boosted corvette 4 wheel disc master and probably have a great pedal and would solve quite a headache! Btw, I had an early mongoose, gt bent back seat post, tuff neck, v bars, and... no front brakes!!! I hit a car in my paper route because I couldnt stop going down a hill!!! My checkered Vans were always worn from sticking my left foot in the forks to slow down!! Fond memories of a much easier time!

Btw, I had an early mongoose, gt bent back seat post, tuff neck, v bars, and... no front brakes!!! I hit a car in my paper route because I couldnt stop going down a hill!!! My checkered Vans were always worn from sticking my left foot in the forks to slow down!! Fond memories of a much easier time!
Hahahahahahah!

I appreciate the BMX references, I started BMX racing at the age of 5 and continued until I graduated high school. I have a lot of great memories tied to riding and racing as I grew up. :beer:

I never used or had a front brake racing BMX; it was a ride hard crash hard kinda style. If you are going to go BMX style you might as well blend it with motocross and do away with the pedal and add a hand break. Hahaha

That’s a really cool engine build. It appears that the head is not NAS, because I don’t see the EGR port in the rear. The vacuum advance distributor is cool too.

Will the FJ40 air cleaner element leave enough room underneath for the power steering reservoir? it appears the carburetor intake manifold has mounting provisions for it.

That’s a really cool engine build. It appears that the head is not NAS, because I don’t see the EGR port in the rear. The vacuum advance distributor is cool too.

Will the FJ40 air cleaner element leave enough room underneath for the power steering reservoir? it appears the carburetor intake manifold has mounting provisions for it.

It is the carb head, though we could have used an EFI head as well. The power steering reservoir will have to be relocated. Probably the dipstick too.

After carefully measuring the pedal bucket for RHD, we went all in…

A08A882B-F2BD-4462-8171-F13D8C12CB2C.jpeg

Sad...just my opinion

This will be a cool USPS Mail truck or better yet student driver truck!

This is all out of my league, so that makes me qualified to comment in today’s world 😆.

I think @FJ60Cam is pulling our leg. Or @jmlockwood will have to sit with the doors off and one cheek hanging out, and the steering wheel will be the size of a small dinner plate. I guess it’s possible one of cityracer’s electric steering setups would fit that firewall location 🤷‍♂️.

This is all out of my league, so that makes me qualified to comment in today’s world 😆.

I think @FJ60Cam is pulling our leg. Or @jmlockwood will have to sit with the doors off and one cheek hanging out, and the steering wheel will be the size of a small dinner plate. I guess it’s possible one of cityracer’s electric steering setups would fit that firewall location 🤷‍♂️.

I’m guessing having some fun before cutting the big hole for the blower motor. :)

Will the speedo cluster fit in the pocket (glovebox) cavity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom