Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This thread is amazing. Thank you for posting and now I have a Zeny CUT 50 being shipped out. This community is a perfect enabler.

This thread is amazing. Thank you for posting and now I have a Zeny CUT 50 being shipped out. This community is a perfect enabler.

Its totally legit.

@Tommy Shumpert no RTT. Not really sure about the exact use of the rack.

@divemedic tell us about those pimp straps.

I made the straps. Its UV stable and rated webbing with AustriAlpin buckles. Ends are sewn using kevlar thread with footman loops used to attach to a fixed surface. The length is adjustable using a velcro taco to retain the running end.

My best guess is the strap is good for about 1000lbs. The sewn ends are the weak point given that a single crossed-box was used.

The project manager stopped in to lay hands on Rotunda. We put his ass to work yesterday installing an ARB bumper on Chef Lou’s FJ60, fed him some food and let him crash here at Tilda Bogue.

This morning while I was on conference calls said project manager swiped my Pig and attempted to swipe my wife before I sprayed a hose on him
5C88922B-7814-4FF9-B26B-AC5F1DE5CE8A.jpeg

After my call I ran his Turk ass down at Lous Full Serv where Chef Lou filled us up with his superb Sammiches.

6E99A53A-010B-44A5-8AF5-1FDBA99EA955.jpeg

After lunch we hauled ass home running 75 in these two Mosley powered wagons.

A4787D8B-A977-46A6-AED1-C4DF73FB3054.jpeg

At the shop we moved crap all around in his 💩Prius and tossed the Valley Hybrids built tranny and case in. Sorry it’s upside down.

D5145F4F-FA37-4B8B-967A-E59B52557579.jpeg

We put this mission critical piece on the front seat and Beno is off to Mosley Motors for a few days work on getting this drivetrain assembled

8A2AA8B3-2F8D-49A3-931B-9E817D51CFCF.jpeg

I too have a 💩 Prius.......my work gives me $200 month to drive it.

Figure my 40 (and my Tundra) offset their "Green Credits" by a few billion miles - strange though, I can't seem to talk them into paying me to drive the 40 🤔

Awesome time @wngrog and @under_psi

Thanks for the Southern hospitality and friendship as usual gentlemen.

And thanks to @jmlockwood for the go-ahead to make a quick visit to Nolen's to inspect the truck and then up to @FJ60Cam for a few days so we can start plugging away at building the super special 1FZ.

Landed in Memphis. Time to start plugging away.

Future reference for rust removal without the labor of wire wheeling.

molasses rust removal For engine blocks and cast iron heads, this also gets the water passages flushed of scale and maybe casting residue. It is a slow process but apparently works great. You just have to plan ahead and start soaking the stuff long before you think you'll need the parts.

Vinegar to remove rust? Old guys rule!! I use this for small parts and usually works over night for surface scale.

For several years I've neglected my LandCruiser addiction and fed into the vintage HotRod stuff. Old Model-A 4 Bangers, Flathead v8s and early Hemi stuff. Learned a ton of old school tricks on the HAMB site for cleaning up old cast iron and other metal stuff.

DANG you guys coming together from all points making these old rigs great again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom