Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not sure if serious🤔

Yeah. I got them from a hoarder here on Mud and it was his last set. I’m in the market for 3 more as well. The 💩45 and Texas Red both need em.

@middlecalf turned me on to a set of arms Speedway sells that are pretty much the same as these and are about $20 each.

Beno set us up with some great OEM Toyota tools for the kit. I reinstalled the shag carpet in the tool box over some Noico and made them a spot. The glass break tool will be kept out of reach so he just drowns before breaking any of this glass.

30CE4500-9C23-42E0-A06D-4C4CDE018F3A.jpeg

E57B033D-5C72-4CC1-A8DB-C0CD86876F70.jpeg

6873C6B7-0CA0-477F-AD73-55AA0E0FE03E.jpeg

Title should be changed to “Project Love it or really freaking love it”

I think John thought this was really going to piss off the purists more. It’s a great platform for this project in my opinion

Needs a turbo now 😁

Nah, we are getting rid of the highly restrictive Toyota EFI and the horrific HP sucking 80 drivetrain.

Its going to be a monster au natural

Yeah. I got them from a hoarder here on Mud and it was his last set. I’m in the market for 3 more as well. The 💩45 and Texas Red both need em.

@middlecalf turned me on to a set of arms Speedway sells that are pretty much the same as these and are about $20 each.

I run those on my 45s

Nah, we are getting rid of the highly restrictive Toyota EFI and the horrific HP sucking 80 drivetrain.

Its going to be a monster au natural
I may have missed it but what engine management are you using? Staying multi point or going to a TBI sort of setup?

I may have missed it but what engine management are you using? Staying multi point or going to a TBI sort of setup?

Holley Sniper

If you remember the unmarked crate from @Tank5 a few pages back...

9F127763-D60A-400B-8A74-79A9DEFFDBF4.jpeg

...it contains the missing link to making this work the way we want. Let’s open it up...

64A5E920-CBC5-449C-9AAD-8AB3A705901A.jpeg

This is the upper half of a non-US carbed 1FZ. I had already done the research and figured I only needed the manifold, but ‘tank was selling this complete package, so I bought it from him several months ago to squirrel away for the right time.

With the FJ Co bellhousing and a Sniper, the 1FZ could be made SUPER simple, and be a perfect swap candidate for earlier trucks.

These motors respond well to steroids, with virtually unlimited potential (check out the Middle East drag & sand racers), so it would make a great all-Toyota motor swap.

Plus, you get a good PS pump, decent output alternator, and an AC compressor, if desired. Everything F’s and (early) 2F’s don’t have.

While we’re going to use pretty much everything in the crate, the gold is the manifold:

5EA07D4C-79A4-4091-87AE-26915878A6EA.jpeg

With a little adapting, we can plop a Holley Sniper on top and peel out. What it may lose over the multi port injection, it should make up for in modern computing (plus whatever we gain from the fun stuff).

This is the last pic you’ll get. It’s in hiding until there’s a finished product:

942C2699-45A7-4A09-8D48-DA66A992CB14.jpeg

Last edited:
If you remember the unmarked crate from @Tank5 a few pages back...

View attachment 2321472

...it contains the missing link to making this work the way we want. Let’s open it up...

View attachment 2321474

This is the upper half of a non-US carbed 1FZ. I had already done the research and figured I only needed the manifold, but ‘tank was selling this complete package, so I bought it from him several months ago to squirrel away for the right time.

With the FJ Co bellhousing and a Sniper, the 1FZ could be made SUPER simple, and be a perfect swap candidate for earlier trucks.

These motors respond well to steroids, with virtually unlimited potential (check out the Middle East drag & sand racers), so it would make a great all-Toyota motor swap.

Plus, you get a good PS pump, decent output alternator, and an AC compressor, if desired. Everything F’s and (early) 2F’s don’t have.

While we’re going to use pretty much everything in the crate, the gold is the manifold:

View attachment 2321475

With a little adapting, we can plop a Holley Sniper on top and peel out. What it may lose over the multi port injection, it should make up for in modern computing (plus whatever we gain from the fun stuff).

This is the last pic you’ll get. It’s in hiding until there’s a finished product:

View attachment 2321476
I think that's a great idea using a sniper. I've been curious about the difficulty in sourcing one of those manifolds. I've also wondered if u could take the USA lower intake, weld up the injector holes and weld some square tube over the top and mount a sniper on that way.

Classic Cruisers is in on this project with a beautifully restored E-68 steering wheel.

The one on Rotunda has a nice shine but it’s Got numerous gaps in it. It’s perfect to move over to the 💩45

Thanks Brandon aka @Ratboy for this beautiful piece

FE35E45F-AB42-42F8-B2EE-300B0BD35F40.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom