Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Speaking of aliens…

The extraterrestrial wireless charging system we originally planned on using is still in the development stage and has not materialized yet, so we will need to use a battery after all.

This engine bay is so uncluttered and open that we just couldn't bring ourselves to drop a giant unsightly battery in the middle of it. In this unique application, I think we found the perfect choice:

A62E000F-0C82-4FCD-B1DF-64A3229F40FD.jpeg

This is a lithium battery, which is a very petite 7x7x5 inches and weighs only 6 lbs. These are also made in Florida, which is a pretty cool connection.

C6B9A05C-3C30-4DD1-9EE1-199A926E5D1F.jpeg

It also has a ton of cranking amps for effortless starting. It doesn’t have a big reserve tho, so this wouldn’t normally be a good choice. For this project and how it will be used, it is perfect. We’ll find a place to mount it out of sight.

Dude, that is alien technology AF.

I thought it was a joke at first, then I googled it and found out that it’s not.

Don’t forget the plot. This truck is a weapon that will be used to save us from the evil corporations trying to take control of the geo-political power structure, and we have a little outside assistance pulling some strings to see this through

849499D0-0E4D-4CFD-BD52-AF07785FD33F.jpeg

8606B84D-BBA5-4934-8304-BA18FD706AE3.jpeg

Will this truck have A/C?

Will this truck have A/C?
I threw a hissy for about covering up the firewall with a big ugly piece of plastic and it was really sad so they agreed to not do that

I threw a hissy for about covering up the firewall with a big ugly piece of plastic and it was really sad so they agreed to not do that
@UZJ40 has his second build going and is using (if I remember) a rear AC unit from a Toyota minivan that he can conceal under/behind the seat. Looked like a cool idea.

Not being in the know on this is complicating. Will it be driven?

It will definitely be driven regularly into town, but is not going to be overlanded or daily driven or anything like that. It will have a charger maintaining the battery when it's not in use.

This is not the battery to run your fridge overnight while camping.

Small enough to carry a spare or 12.
Not sketchy as in “oh darn, my battery is dead” Sketchy as in “burst into flames and take your vehicle with it. I don’t know. I just remember reading stuff about that, and lithium batteries and something about low level producers not having to meet the same criteria as large manufacturers.

Could totally be talking out of my butt though. I’ll go refresh my memory.

I remember those warnings with the lithium RC car batteries.

The key is to keep it maintained, and if you drain it past a certain point, it needs to be carefully brought back to life.

Not sketchy as in “oh darn, my battery is dead” Sketchy as in “burst into flames and take your vehicle with it. I don’t know. I just remember reading stuff about that, and lithium batteries and something about low level producers not having to meet the same criteria as large manufacturers.

Could totally be talking out of my butt though. I’ll go refresh my memory.

I remember seeing some reports about batteries catching fire. I carry a portable lithium battery charger in my truck but in a sealed ammo can thinking that if it does flame out the oxygen in the can will be consumed quickly extinguishing the flame.

I’ll refer back to the plot. Exploding batteries are a feature, not a bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom