Builds 1964 FJ45 Short Bed Fixed Top Pickup Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I stay up all night, unable to sleep until I understand this new revelation. It’s now almost sunrise, so I step outside the motel room to enjoy the view while the coffee is brewing.

41E32990-9F00-40D3-8326-831AFF63DFE6.jpeg

368825C3-772C-4307-BE19-80A87F48CD6A.jpeg

I come back in, pour a cup, and open up mud to see what’s going on with the people not on vacation.

I’m not sure how or why I landed on @scrapdaddy ’s build thread, but sure enough, there it is. The perfect solution:

1625153204860.jpeg

This is exactly what we need. Hydroboost.

Just like the title warned, you’re gonna either Hate It or Love It.

It looks cleaner and meaner than the giant vacuum booster, and we should be able to get it flush to the firewall.

1625153320363.jpeg

Last edited:
A few hours later, I’m a few miles up the road visiting Doug at his shop @Well Sorted and what do I see:

02EC0F53-28AC-4B0B-8D8D-C2E3450A2500.jpeg

If you believe in coincidences, this is a really big one. The answer is clear.

So we order up some parts. And wait…

I swear I see aliens every now and then when I go to wallmart. Also sometimes you'll see them in a waffle house. If you go to boulder you'll see aliens everywhere. The great sand dunes are pretty cool.
Post Office. They all work at the post office.

Hydroboost = love it

A few hours later, I’m a few miles up the road visiting Doug at his shop @Well Sorted and what do I see:

View attachment 2718870

If you believe in coincidences, this is a really big one. The answer is clear.

So we order up some parts. And wait…

Just remember there's an extra adapter between the Hydraboost stuff and the firewall that I custom designed and machined. I can get another made if you need it, @bdyer12 snagged my only spare a while back...

Just remember there's an extra adapter between the Hydraboost stuff and the firewall that I custom designed and machined. I can get another made if you need it, @bdyer12 snagged my only spare a while back...
It fits very well, as well as the steering shaft adapter

Well crap

The aliens either lead me astray or I mis-interpreted the message.

This isn’t going to work like we pictured. It’s huge.

D60857B5-8153-4A5E-9A86-C3C61AD638CB.jpeg

8609367C-86BD-44D3-A888-D9C8C8A17D79.jpeg

Or hot rod style. That crowd can get creative.
Screenshot_20210713-172216_Chrome.jpg

Would it work if you make an angled or offset adapter for your FI unit to mount on the intake moving it toward the valve cover?

We have considered all of these options, but have crosssd them off the list for various reasons.

We do have a few ideas cooking, one of which is to go back to New Mexico and ask for a clarification before going RHD (which is looking easier and easier the more we look at it).

Don’t forget the original air cleaner is a key component of this engine compartment. If we move the Sniper much, it is not going to fit properly or look right.

John and I were reminiscing about growing up in the 70s and 80s recently and ended up on the topic of BMX bikes. What’s the first thing you do when you get a BMX bike?

Rip off the front brakes

4762A347-A290-47DF-AA59-E05A602F46DB.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom