Project Half Ass FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I would post up a few pics of the project I have been working on lately. I picked up a rolled 94 FZJ80 from Nolen's brother in law and decided it was too good to just scrap out. I wonder how well a tubed out 80 would wheel??? Started with this:

94wreck.jpg

With Bomars help it soon became this:

94wreck2.jpg

No where near light enough yet so:

80cage1.jpg

A litle more chopping and some lift spacers and longer shocks:

Halfassliftspacer.jpg

With a lot of help from Lenny Ross, James Roberts, and several more of the Cottonland guys it had turned into this:

Halfasspic2.jpg

Halfasstubework.jpg

Still lots of work to do but it's coming along nicely. There are more details over in the Cottonland Forum but I'll try to keep the high points updated here as well. What do you think so far?

Almost ready. Ordered a Warn M8000 winch for it today. Gotta build a winch mount with some protection for the AC dryer :) , longer brake lines, install the lunch box locker up front, and do something about a skid plate and it should be ready to go. Still need to find some kind of rear seat for it too. With a little luck I might have it ready by Ramble....

Are you gonna run those tires Daryl?

With Lenny's permission I'm gonna run 'em till I find a deal on something better. Why, you need 'em?:confused:

could be mid 80s supra...they look like the ones i had in my first 40
920612c.jpg

Knew they were Toyota car seats but that's about all. Had them a while and figured I'd jes 'em.

Ready enough to haul over to GSMTR and see what it will do. Might not get 50' from the trailer but that's OK too. Took it out yesterday around the house trying to find stuff to flex it on without much luck but here are a couple of pics:

Halfassready1.jpg

Halfassready2.jpg

Still waiting on the ebay back seats to get here. More room for ice chest if they don't though...:beer:

Won't take long to wax it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom