Chaos - 1987 Toyota 4Runner (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

At some point you've got to realize that you live in Washington Al, :lol:

At some point you've got to realize that you live in Washington Al, :lol:

Oh the weather today is reminding me all to much.... it is sunny for 20 minutes and then dark and hailing for 20.... been doing that cycle for about 6 hours now.

Anyway it was a thought, it looked like a good deal that I could grab if Garrett wanted and then ship or mud ship it that way slowly... I mean its not like greaser is happening at a fast rate... LMAO.... I have no room to talk though as it remains to see if I get the bronco running and on a trail before it though... might be a tight race :hmm::hillbilly:

Alright the s*** talking can stop LOL. I’m finally working on this thing. Got the front suspension dialed in. RUF with an extra leaf. Move the axle forward 3.5”. Need to throw a shorter pitman arm on and it’s good to go. Need to find a set of Chevy 63s for the rear. Hope to start on the wiring this weekend after some truck shopping. Bottom of the door is 35 inches. Gonna be a fun one to climb in.
5B2443F5-E1EF-4474-8399-225783599127.jpeg
A823C819-2D75-4D4D-AB95-990134F47673.jpeg
559A50BF-4F27-482E-BC71-5A626F8A2DE6.jpeg
27942AE6-1393-4A5F-AC87-57588DC19883.jpeg

How stiff are those springs?

In a light truck, the suspension has to be SUPER soft to flex well. To that end, get 1/2t chevy 63" springs. They were in just about every truck chevy made from the mid 90s through today. Last time I went to LKQ, they had like 5 sets to pick from, which made it easy to just pick whichever set was easiest to remove.

How stiff are those springs?

In a light truck, the suspension has to be SUPER soft to flex well. To that end, get 1/2t chevy 63" springs. They were in just about every truck chevy made from the mid 90s through today. Last time I went to LKQ, they had like 5 sets to pick from, which made it easy to just pick whichever set was easiest to remove.
The front is pretty soft but not to soft, its a ruf springs with the overload spring off and a leaf from the front springs. it should flex pretty darn good, need to get the pitman arm on before i can fully flex it, and 63's in the rear are the plan, the springs i had when i bought the truck are going to invert into the frame and be no bueno.

Some random 4Runner followed me home
D1CA17AC-72B5-48EB-914F-4A04D82CD736.jpeg

That 4Runner looks dirty, but CLEAN underneath!!

Stealing greaser’s engine for another rig is great progress...
Don't you have a 40 that hasnt been touched in like 2 years?
That 4Runner looks dirty, but CLEAN underneath!!
Its super clean! pretty much rust free. I'll take some pics under the truck once its really cleaned up

Looks awesome man! Can't wait to see it all cleaned up. What year is it?

Dude. that looks nice!! i bet it is going to look even better once you wash it. nice score.

I had an 88 set up the same way, great little truck. Only drawback for me was that I had to fold myself in half to get in and out. Once in that thing was a blast to drive, like a big go cart! And the top comes off!!!!

Check the timing chain guides, it's a common issue on the 22RE. That is what killed mine for the previous owner. I replaced the chain and guides and all was good.

Just passed one year of ownership on the old girl, Po's looking right. Just gotta find my purple sweatpants for next years GSMTR. Hoping to hit URE for the first time with it this weekend.
61678262693__D64CE6DD-7CF9-46FF-BC4A-79A79BB5A35C.JPG

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

64849809305__7874AD3A-C7B8-4DC7-93DB-7986AB3A182E.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom