Chaos - 1987 Toyota 4Runner (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is one of the cleanest bellys I have seen on a early model truck in a long long time. Did they have if blasted and coated prior to you picking it up.

Super solid rig to start with. Night and day from the last one. Keep up the good work

Finally got some time to work on the truck and got the interior stripped to fix some rust. As i was told there was a rust spot on the drivers side body mount area and that was the only spot. its on the verge of being bad. But nothing Eastwood rust gel shouldn't be able to fix, but if that doesn't work ill just cut that area out and just weld a new piece in there and call it good.
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0974.jpg
IMG_0982.jpg
IMG_0983.jpg

Gotta say, for $15 and a couple hours of work this didn't come out so bad, defiantly not gonna be the final paint but its just to have something on there so it isn't bare metal.
IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg
IMG_0986.jpg

Finally going to be able to make some progress in the next few weeks. Ordered some parts and just waiting for them to come in. Ordered a ifs steering box plate from marlin crawler. Ordered a dual case adapter. Going to get a disc brake conversion for the rear and also some chrome moly shafts. Also going to go and get a HP diff so I can rebuild the front axle finally. Once all of those come in to play I can knock that out in a couple weekends. Once steering is done I need to trim down the body lift to about 1.5” and then I can put the motor in. Finally getting motivated again with everything coming to put it together.

That is if work travel slows down a bit.

@4LowandSlow need some black leather Audi power seats for that thing? If so, they're free and I can drop them off this weekend.

Well project greaser is put on hold. Someone decided to be upside down
9C1F4408-69E0-4FC6-9DC7-1E3BBF8BCC17.jpeg

JUST KIDDING!

All jokes aside we took a trip over to @roadstr6 house to put his old axles under it and to take it home with me for a HP diff for the front and a set of wheels. And other various spare parts for Dipty. I’m going to put up the rear “unlocked” axle for sale. Worked when pulled and only problem is broke shock bolt. Can always drill and tap it to fix it. Tundra did great as always. Seemed a little heavier then greaser tho.

Well project greaser is put on hold. Someone decided to be upside down
View attachment 1677365
JUST KIDDING!

All jokes aside we took a trip over to @roadstr6 house to put his old axles under it and to take it home with me for a HP diff for the front and a set of wheels. And other various spare parts for Dipty. I’m going to put up the rear “unlocked” axle for sale. Worked when pulled and only problem is broke shock bolt. Can always drill and tap it to fix it. Tundra did great as always. Seemed a little heavier then greaser tho.
BTW, I almost had a panic attack when I saw a white 80 rolled and thought it was Dipty. I was sure the brakes failed and it was a goner.

Axles are out and everything we want is out of it, off to the scrapyard tomorrow.
IMG_1026.jpg
IMG_1027.jpg
IMG_1028.jpg
IMG_1029.jpg

Trans cross member? rear lower control arm arms?

Transmission and t case are still in there. And dad claimed the arms

your welcome to come take it off/out.

Nive trane unit!!

Thanks, some really cool guy hooked me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom