Chaos - 1987 Toyota 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The diy beadlock kits look like the secure the outer edge of the tire/rim. But, whY about the inner side?

The diy beadlock kits look like the secure the outer edge of the tire/rim. But, whY about the inner side?

90% of all beadlocks only secure the outer bead. The inner bead seat on the wheel has a safety rib/bead, even on 16.5" rims, that makes the inner bead much more difficult to pop off. All rims other than 16.5"s have a safety rib/bead on the outer bead seat as well, which is why airing down on 15s, 16s, 17s, etc., isn't such a big deal. Yes, it is possible to pop off the inner bead on a single beadlocked wheel, have seen it happen, but it's a very rare thing if you keep your pressures reasonable.

If you want to secure both beads, then you either need two piece rims (hutchinsons, H1s, etc.) or an inner bead lock solution like inner air locks. If you want to air down at all with your 16.5" steel wheels, then I strongly recommend you do a DIY beadlock, or inner air locks.

Pneumatic Internal BeadLock

Thanks for the wisdom.

i heard this was the testing procedure for 37's on an 80. Sorry dad i hope the lottery ticket pays the water bill
IMG_0343.jpg
IMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_1493.JPEG

LOL nice.

Correct, MT/R. He couldn't wait to try them out so he stuck them on the 80.

Looks like someon is going to be busy cleaning for a while. G, I have a pressure washer if u need one.

Looks like someon is going to be busy cleaning for a while. G, I have a pressure washer if u need one.

Yeah I’m kinda dreading it ahah. But we have a pressure washer thanks for the offer!

Well almost 6 months later I have an update... been over a year since I’ve started this project and it’s been a long one! Just been doing little things over the past months and just got into our new house! Started on the wiring harness by figuring out what is what and cleaning it up a bit with what we don’t need. With that we got the engine harness done and started on the body harness. I think for my dash I’m gonna do a custom dash with the switches and gauges I need to keep it simple. But got to wait till we settled into the new house then we will start with it again:beer:
05E2FEB7-3AC6-4794-B826-4361236F61C9.jpeg

Yeah, I have to be WAY up that list too!!! LOL

Most likely ahead of me... hell you are most likely are second in line behind @fourtrax. My 80 is pretty high on the list and he drove the suburban also a little lower on the list most likely. :)

But @hanniemarie2 most likely gets to impose the older sister tax and leap frog everyone ;)

It will be done by end of summer. No excuses. And when it’s done and I go to uwharrie I’m gonna just go hide

You know it’s almost like I know what I’m doing 😬
D9091D45-8BCB-4767-A757-EF7C4E5D6405.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom