Chaos - 1987 Toyota 4Runner (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welded in the mounting brackets onto the frame for the transfercase mount, and got the bracket painted and started cutting on floor for the triple sticks. Was only able to cut it to see how far back i need to cut, now to clean it up and cut the rest of it. Now a couple tips for you all that are wanting to learn to weld, don't start welding on things upside down, its hard. and a t shirt, shorts, and flip flops is not proper welding gear ahaha, make sure you get a heavy jacket, was welding those mounts in and i had a towel covering my legs and the towel caught on fire so i went to go hit it against the ground and throw it off of me, and ended up throwing the tip of the gun on my arm, and have a nice old burn the size of about to fingers. Don't do what i do :)
59F95B51-690F-4451-A1AE-ED332684A949.jpeg
6F8D5F19-CAD2-4D6A-8D46-740E45D7C0C0.jpeg

48213EC3-4B4F-4F79-A626-D61236423144.jpeg

:lol: "Oh s***, I'm on fire!!"

Has happened to me more times than I care to admit. Nice work dude.

Reminds me of that time I attempted to hang one of those microwave/range hood combination units over the stove at home by myself with no assistance. Stop drop and roll was the phrase of the day. Damn near burned the house down too! I won't hijack your thread with the details, but ask me about it some time. You will be amused.

Oh yea, if you haven't been on fire, your not doing it right.;) Reminds me of the first time I caught my shirt on fire. I was about 17 trying to build a bumper with an angle grinder.

Nice job. Looking forward to seeing it on the trail.

Even with all the days we missed this past week we had today off and I'm not complaining cause it gives me time to work on the truck, finished cutting the floor for the triple sticks, painted the skid-plate and finished up all of the transfer-case mounting, stripped the floor from its insulation and fixed the rust spot by the body mount. Stripped it all up because I'm going to raptor-line the floor of the truck.
IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg
IMG_0217.jpg

Hey, random question, did your donor front axle come with the factory steering arms? And if so, would you be interested in parting with them?

Thanks

Hey, random question, did your donor front axle come with the factory steering arms? And if so, would you be interested in parting with them?

Thanks

You talking about the 80 tie-rod bar and draglink?

You talking about the 80 tie-rod bar and draglink?

Thats my bad, I thought you were using a mini-truck axle. Doing a disc brake convo on a 55 and have everything but the steering arms. Thought I saw you had a mini-truck axle a few pages back.

The rig is looking awesome by the way.

Thats my bad, I thought you were using a mini-truck axle. Doing a disc brake convo on a 55 and have everything but the steering arms. Thought I saw you had a mini-truck axle a few pages back.

The rig is looking awesome by the way.

Ah ok, and thanks!

Yeah i had a mini truck axle i was going to use when i still had the 93' but when i got rid of that and got the 85 with the solid axle, so i sold the housing.

Perma-grin installed
56134846181__52B0D3C2-175B-474B-B13E-F10AA1B485EB.JPG

56134847070__64220B12-FBF6-4E25-8A36-1C47E2D84BB9.JPG

They look like 16.5" mtrs to me! Glad you bought them. I had a set of 35" mtrs back in the day and I loved them.

Yup 37x12.5R16.5 changed completely how the truck looks. and with just the 3 inch body lift doesn't look like i need much more of a lift, or to move the axle forward.

A word of caution about those wheels. You can NOT air them down without popping a bead, please believe me. Plan to put some weld on beadlocks on those wheels if you want to air them down, or source a set of H1s.

Those wheels will get you by, but you really can't go below ~20-25psi under any circumstance without popping a bead. I had a lowish tire on a 16.5" rim, turned around in the street to be able to fill it, and the tire came off. Fortunately I was in front of my house.

8mugz0Pxsp4i0YBqPmGxJunI3btjvvM5nfzC8ZRMqe5A0pTxqjevnGc1HA5FiFAiBv0tqCOuCWEBYg_nmRbEj2Qn4DfR2TQ-SBfH82X06FL25mwbH-rHaUOlaKkoKGZKnUgioAjwksUIUPMW2TRmC4LB61H2blOSo-qLlISU0TlyXtj52OYhgPa6yyKLQ2eJJ3SCTtj1CqUjnM-hIlN3AVqHw6Cop6TBJKl4LhnuPQDisul5mNOQYZB8RK-aI9cqeAREa9Pu2e_LWG2pG-gQtvhssEEk1aVvxQxRjFp_Y7D7GGb3YHLJ-ZtvLRM0KsF-TdGWMriKZ09J1hEtZDZzzhxMW5eahtu2r0n9cvtZ5q5inZOMLiS4gqqfjidIqYzI12duZ9EcmJn6BL_jpfyJ3ubxG7oHQzSjk6ZaR1aYHC2hV6eIJT2ZzR7xX9B3mMNWN-2mW04hHxkjAxDIZ7uni4iR6GbK6hqqo2_DmmvwE5x5bgCMDyaKbhgzA2QBwE2l88ZgcEF3MlC07UIgxT7ZHuPaEWvlqJjvWLOaytyu0ooQaHWfjJlmUhGy8P6O881QXQ0TqufF2YZRQeybQ2Na9bCg0AhKt9f2DP3ItlR1X_yXCwrgJUmL8Knqzlc8OrlX=w1690-h955-no

Yeah that’s what I’ve read Thanks for that! The plan is either to get a beadlock kit. Or plan b is to well a 3/16 rod around the rim on the inside and that will be my “beadlock”. Only worry about doing that is getting the wheel balanced after doing that rod.

The rod acts as a safety ring to hold the bead against the outter edge of the rim when running low pressure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom