Project for the Hivemind (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zjohnsonua

SILVER Star
Threads
TL;DR

I'm looking for a 1FZ-FE (barely running is fine), ECM, and harness for a Mud project. If you've got one, please let me know and I'll do all us Mud-ers a solid. I'm not going to install into a truck. It'll be run on a test stand. I'll give the engine back if you want once the work is done.
~~~~~
Now, the longer version. There are many posts that say that a 1FZ-FE using an A/T ECM can't operate properly ahead of a manual transmission. No one says why, just that it can't be done. I've researched a lot of the tech side and can't see a reason why it won't work in the drawings...yet, a lot of mudders swear it can't be done.

If it works, I'll make sure and post exactly what I did. If it doesn't, I'll tell what my immovable obstacle was to put all us dreamers to bed.

Last edited:
TL;DR

I'm looking for a 1FZ-FE (barely running is fine), ECM, and harness for a Mud project. If you've got one, please let me know and I'll do all us Mud-ers a solid. I'm not going to install into a truck. It'll be run on a test stand. I'll give the engine back if you want once the work is done.
~~~~~
Now, the longer version. There are many posts that say that a 1FZ-FE using an A/T ECM can't operate properly ahead of a manual transmission. No one says why, just that it can't be done. I've researched a lot of the tech side and can't see a reason why it won't work in the drawings...yet, a lot of mudders swear it can't be done.

If it works, I'll make sure and post exactly what I did. If it doesn't, I'll tell what my immovable obstacle was to put all us dreamers to bed.
You may have better luck linking this to 80 tech. Lots of wise men over there. But I think I've seen manual 80 from Eric Hagen. Mulllllllligun

Maybe was 3FE??

Two steps ahead, mate. Got an active thread running over there. Was hoping to get a hit from something more local with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom