Project Dumpster Fire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Watched that last night with the Mean Green Bean. My poor LX was shivering in terror every time he ripped off a peice of trim or grabbed the angle grinder.

Last edited:
Great vid and start!! Cant wait to see how this progresses!!

Very tasteful and well thought out fender trimming, looks great!

I vote for a bullbar style bumper because I think stingers are for buggies and mini-trucks and wagons look better with bullbars. Also I think the hoop should be taller to protect the hood and radiator in case of a rollover.

I'm curious what the builders here on mud think he should do for front suspension. I'm leaning towards leave the stock radius arms until / unless you want to go to a much longer shock with relocated shock mounts or coilovers. The stock radius arms seem to work well with near-stock shock lengths and near-stock ride height (which is the plan on this build, right?) Plus his pitch was "keep it stock to show how good stock Toyota Land Cruisers are" and the stock 80 series suspension is simple and effective.

All that said, a 3-link will work better and if he is going for rock-crawler flex then I think long shocks, relocated upper shock mounts, and a 3-link for more droop would be sick.

I'm loving following along and I can't wait to see Dave's work on this 80!

I agree with @BucketEighty with a taller bull bar. Something that follows the hood line....

I would also love to see a low slung 3 link front. I have a set of Hellfires on the shelf, just trying to figure out how to package it all to keep it low. Thinking along the lines of a 2" spring.

The part 2 is up now. :beer:

I've been watching (and voting) this one too. Nates done a couple of podcasts about this build as well. Dave Chapelle, from Dirt Every Day is the co-builder on this. I'm interested to see what he does with it.

Been following too.
If he makes it light enough, should have no problem being competitive.
At this point, the name 'dumpster fire' isn't very relevant. That Toyota orange is pretty loud. lol
Voted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom