Project Blind Confidence (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I forget - you already checked the engine timing to make sure it’s appropriate?
it was set a while back, but I haven't checked it recently. I'd have to go get a timing gun to check it again. I returned the one I was borrowing.

I use a vacuum gauge to time mine...
( I mean, you can use a vacuum gauge to time your engine instead of a timing light.)

Last edited:
it was set a while back, but I haven't checked it recently. I'd have to go get a timing gun to check it again. I returned the one I was borrowing.

probably not necessary unless there’s some other indication that it has slipped. I’ve just seen timing that is off or a bad advance create some wild heat issues.

Found the right adjustment screw on the INSIDE of the steering box towards the engine, and got the steering tightened up. I don't know how much I tightened because I had to work the nut up and down on the screw to get it to move in. On the test drive I could feel the other slop in the system now that the box is tightened up. A project for another day.

The radiator had sucked some fluid out of the overflow last night so that's a good sign. I did another heat cycle and burp with a little more angle. The temp stayed lower than yesterday, and bubbles were harder to get out. The wife helped me bounce on the bumper and popped some more big bubbles. I think I'm calling it good for now. Ready for another highway test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom