For Sale Project 3x Locked 97 LX450 - Seattle (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Color
Beige
Outside Link
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ctd/d/tacoma-1997-lexus-lx-450-base-4dr-4wd/7252011608.html
Not mine. Just posted an hour ago. If anyone on the west coast was looking for a project/parts, this could be an option. It looks like there's quite a bit of rust, but not enough pictures to tell. It definitely needs some TLC but for less than $4000, it could be worth it.

Anyway, I wanted to post it here before some ebay seller picks it up, sprays the undercoat with paint, and tries selling it to one of us for three times the price.

Last edited:
Not mine. Just posted an hour ago. If anyone on the west coast was looking for a project/parts, this could be an option. It looks like there's quite a bit of rust, but not enough pictures to tell. It definitely needs some TLC but for less than $4000, it could be worth it.

Anyway, I wanted to post it here before some ebay seller picks it up, sprays the undercoat with paint, and tries selling it to one of us for three times the price.

I got some undercarriage photos from the dealership, ran the Carfax, filled out the paperwork to put a deposit on it, drove 19 hrs from Vail to Seattle to pick it up, got there at 10am today to discover that the @$$holes had sold it to someone else. The salesman says the boss took a deposit from someone else that he wasn't aware of. Going home empty-handed. Filed a complaint against their license with the Washington State Auto Dealers Association. Still shopping...

I got some undercarriage photos from the dealership, ran the Carfax, filled out the paperwork to put a deposit on it, drove 19 hrs from Vail to Seattle to pick it up, got there at 10am today to discover that the @$$holes had sold it to someone else. The salesman says the boss took a deposit from someone else that he wasn't aware of. Going home empty-handed. Filed a complaint against their license with the Washington State Auto Dealers Association. Still shopping...
Ugh sorry to hear that. Scary because I'm potentially driving 19 hours to buy one as well (waiting on seller to take it to get a PPI done).

Did you see the one on Copart? You might be able to scoop it for a low price (somewhat closer as well)

That looks like a ragged out pile of garbage anyway. You should be glad some other dodo bought that.

That looks like a ragged out pile of garbage anyway. You should be glad some other dodo bought that.
You're absolutely right. Thought we could make it work for my soon-to-be 16 yr old but it just wasn't meant to be, if it was meant to be, it would have happened.

Ugh sorry to hear that. Scary because I'm potentially driving 19 hours to buy one as well (waiting on seller to take it to get a PPI done).

Did you see the one on Copart? You might be able to scoop it for a low price (somewhat closer as well)
Thanks and hopefully you have better luck than me. I did see that one on Copart, I would really like to see and drive the rig before getting in a bidding war over it though. There are a lot of different ways to hurt the value on those things.
Have you had any success with Copart?

You're absolutely right. Thought we could make it work for my soon-to-be 16 yr old but it just wasn't meant to be, if it was meant to be, it would have happened newI
You're absolutely right. Thought we could make it work for my soon-to-be 16 yr old but it just wasn't meant to be, if it was meant to be, it would have happened.
I have this lx 450 maybe it was meant to be I ran into this today.

I think you’ll be fine if the PPI comes back good! I flew from Oregon to Georgia to buy my land cruiser after a good PPI came back. Then drove 39 hours back home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom