Builds Project 2027: 1977 FJ40 Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did tell @Racer65 to hold off on shipping my doors until Mark @65swb45 can have a good look at them in person. I’m hoping he will go over them with a keen eye and give his blessing on whether these are in-fact the holy grail of Cruiser doors or not. I know there are countless 40’s running around without doors, or with doors that are basically held together with bondo, like mine are.

How is the project going?

And how is Idaho? We are looking to head west someday, and Idaho is on the short list!!

Great thread. Inspiring in several ways. Thank you, Jetlander, for sharing.

Hoping to see some updates but the OP is probably enjoying life instead of escaping the heat.

I definitely prefer the Jackson for a few of reasons. First, it looks much closer to the stock cage, which has a little bit of importance to me. The second is I like that the Jackson doesn’t have the crossmember going diagonally across the back window. The truth is, my 40 will never be wheeled hard enough to really justify all the additional reinforcement. And the final reason is I like the double parallel pipes that run along the top, front to back. I’m planning on mounting a few things between those pipes like a CB and HAM radio, and a MOLLE web mount for various gear.

That’s the same place I plan on welding the seatbelt tab.
This is fun to watch and read let me know what you think of the Jackson, I am considering that for my '77.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom