FJ60 #2....Rust Bucket Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
*EDIT - SKIP TO PAGE 5 TO SEE THE WORK BEGIN

Pages 1-4 are mostly chit-chat and pontification about what to do with this thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I may have a sickness....

I took the plunge and bought my first 1987 FJ60 about 6 weeks ago. My First FJ60 Love everything about it. BUT.....

Today I just made final coordinations for delivery of a second one. A 1985 FJ60.

I need to get this under control o_O

Updates once I have it in hand and make some decisions on it's future.

Last edited:
tenor (1).gif

congrats!

Ha.....funny i feel that way too only all i am doing is buying parts every day! :bang::beer:

Ha.....funny i feel that way too only all i am doing is buying parts every day! :bang::beer:

I'm taking a huge leap of faith on this one buying it without looking at it in person. It had a triple digit price tag and I saw about $1600 in non-mechanical parts I wanted eventually anyway. Worst case, I salvage what I want and part out the rest. Best case, I salvage what I want, pull the engine for refurb parts for the current 60, have a body and frame situated for an eventual diesel swap!!!

PICS!!!!

I have 3 3rd gen 4runners plus a 60 plus a leaf

I bought my first 40 last April. I now have 2 40's, one 60 and one 62
Pretty much sums up my fleet - '71 and '76 FJ40s, '84 FJ60, and '86 FJ60 (which in reality is mostly an '89 FJ62 with H55f). And I can't forget the '93 4-Runner.

I think I may have a sickness....

I took the plunge and bought my first 1987 FJ60 about 6 weeks ago. My First FJ60 Love everything about it. BUT.....

Today I just made final coordinations for delivery of a second one. A 1985 FJ60.

I need to get this under control o_O

Updates once I have it in hand and make some decisions on it's future.
You're only halfway there in the Land Cruiser department, over time you'll eventually want/need a couple of FJ40s.

Forgot the GX470 the wife drives. I had owned landcruisers off on on most of my life but now that the kids are out of the house and I have some free time and a little extra cash I decided to own one. However, owning one led to owning four somehow. Will proboaly sell 2 and just keep a 40 and a 60.

I bought my 62 and my :princess: found the 40 and encouraged me to go and look at it. She told me to make an offer if I liked the 40 and the rest is history.

Forgot the GX470 the wife drives. I had owned landcruisers off on on most of my life but now that the kids are out of the house and I have some free time and a little extra cash I decided to own one. However, owning one led to owning four somehow. Will proboaly sell 2 and just keep a 40 and a 60.
That's in my future as well. After I finish my '71 FJ40 build next year I'll more than likely sell my '76 and after we sell our place in Nevada I'll probably sell the '84 FJ60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom