Project #2....She's a blank slate

Matt is right. Work on one aspect at a time. Right now it’s body work, stick with that. Sort that out. Get the body panels how you want them, and start on the next part. Avoid having it scattered across your storage unit with a body in pieces, trans apart and engine in boxes. It’s as good as parted out at that point.

That stuff you have in the box is good to replace if it’s unknown. Add in a new City Racer carb insulator.

FJ Noob

SILVER Star
Looks like a win for today....

The previous-previous owner had some business in town today and offered to drop off everything he had collected and had sitting in his garage from when he owned the truck. Worked out a package deal for $350. Merry Christmas to me.

All parts minus the mirror and roof rack brackets are OEM.
C696253F-5C5C-4836-B304-B5DD441D159B.jpeg

0DF73B57-CC6B-4F0C-82E8-7C2D1828FBA9.jpeg

10E515E5-B784-4ABF-9ED4-7EF6A5FC6B41.jpeg

432E819F-54CD-4D84-9B6A-801AEB46A3EF.jpeg

FJ Noob

SILVER Star
Could someone post a picture of pages 7-2 & 7-3 from the 2F repair manual?

That's the pages that show the starting system circuit. The PDF version I have is missing those pages.

Thanks!

FJ Noob

SILVER Star
I've worked out a deal to start storing the truck at a private shop so I can stop paying a storage unit fee and have an actual area to work on it. Unfortunately the owner is in the process of expanding the shop's footprint, so I'll have to wait until next month. In the meantime though, I was able to score a deal on what looks like a pretty good 4-bolt main SBC 350.

It was cold and rainy here with nothing planned for the day, so I recruited my oldest to help me with disassembly and inspection of the internals. She was a good help, but I'm pretty sure that had to do with the hourly wage I promised that would go towards her earning money to go to camp this summer. Either way, took me half as long and I got to hang out with her during some one-on-one time.

IMG_4522.jpeg

Nostradamus

SILVER Star
I've worked out a deal to start storing the truck at a private shop so I can stop paying a storage unit fee and have an actual area to work on it. Unfortunately the owner is in the process of expanding the shop's footprint, so I'll have to wait until next month. In the meantime though, I was able to score a deal on what looks like a pretty good 4-bolt main SBC 350.

It was cold and rainy here with nothing planned for the day, so I recruited my oldest to help me with disassembly and inspection of the internals. She was a good help, but I'm pretty sure that had to do with the hourly wage I promised that would go towards her earning money to go to camp this summer. Either way, took me half as long and I got to hang out with her during some one-on-one time.

View attachment 2205660
That's great stuff!!! I had my son/oldest change the oil in his Highlander today. Life skills that will help them be independent + great one on one time. THen I took my other one (our daughter) shooting. They can both change a tire, change their oil, drive a stick shift, cook, and shoot. Love that you guys are wearing gloves.

Top Bottom