Progressive Rate Coil Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

87warrior

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
SILVER Star
Threads
My search abilities or terms may be off, but I have not found many progressive rate rear coil springs for the 100. Other than Dobinson, are there any progressive rates coil springs on the market for the 100?

After a recent 9 day trip along the Continental Divide, I learned my 100 is in need of more substantial rear coil springs to handle the weight of gear/food/water for 4 people. I encountered this same problem with my Jeep TJ, went with progressive rate coils and have been pleased with the ride (empty/loaded) and load carrying capacity. I'd like to find a suitable progressive rate coil for the 100 for my needs.

Currently my 100 is running 30mm spacers with reindexed tbars and new OEM shocks. It is generally daily driven with an empty cargo area and no RTT, pretty light compared to most 100's here. I am considering the Dobinson c59-223v springs (as that is all I can really find) intended for an 80 along with continuing to use my spacer. A few older posts indicate at least a couple of 100's running these springs.

The rear end sag was pretty bad, about 1.5" of sag. Only hit the rear bumpstops a couple of times, but drug the hitch everywhere.....
IMG_20190709_134129~2.jpg

Last edited:
OME 2866

ToughDog has some dual-rate heavy coils that might be the ticket for you. They are what I use and have been very happy for over a year now. My LX is quite the heavy pig.

I run toughdog tourflex heavy (they have other progressive rates). Huge fan, since I run light, run loaded and I tow several trailers. @TRAIL TAILOR can set you up or discuss options.

Would the OME 866 progressive spring rate be to harsh when empty? 240/300
ToughDog has some dual-rate heavy coils that might be the ticket for you. They are what I use and have been very happy for over a year now. My LX is quite the heavy pig.
The "heavy" designation steered me away from those TD coils since I generally run pretty darn light weight everyday.
I run toughdog tourflex heavy (they have other progressive rates). Huge fan, since I run light, run loaded and I tow several trailers. @TRAIL TAILOR can set you up or discuss options.
Thanks for the info, especially with you running light on occasion. I'll get a hold of Jason to see if he thinks a TD coil would work best for me.

Last edited:
Considered airbags?
I have, and may end up going that route. The numerous discussions here on mud about air bags have given me a solid understanding of their use, but I was hoping to find a spring that could work for me.

I run the Tourflex heavies with my Icons and love them. They work great when I tow my 4500lb travel trailer, they don’t even squat, and they ride great without the trailer. Awesome springs.

09DA876D-BD79-46E5-B150-92C008A620A7.jpeg

I'm running 2866s with 30mm spacers. I've got a roof top tent, fridge, and Dissent rear bumper. Bumped me up a couple inches in the rear, and adjusted the torsion bars. I'm pretty happy with the setup so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom