progress pics.  exo, 42's,104" wheelbase (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
extended my wheelbase to 104"   added some 42's and started bending up some tubing.    heres my progress pics.  

what do ya think??       AND DONT FORGET GUMBY ON THE HOOD    :)

619yota_exo_pass_rear.jpg

619yota_rear_stinger.jpg

619new_grille.jpg

fc518393.jpg

You leaving the fenders on or off???

;DRe: progress pics.  exo, 42's,104" wheelbase

You know I gotta dig the Gumby on the hood. :D

Looks like the fenders gotta be off. They look like the axle centerline is right on the lowest point on the front curve. Could just be the angle of the pic though.

Looks good. I like the rear bumper.

i havent decided what ill be doing for fenders yet. thats why i only have one on in the pic. it looks better and will do better on rocks with them off. BUT I LIVE IN MICHIGAN. and theres alot of rain and mud here. so i need some kind of inner fender protection of the motor. for now im going to run the fenders and see how much it rubs up front. i want to make tube fenders to get the best of both worlds and keep my cruiser look. and dont worry the cruiser bezel is still going back on the front :G :G :G

Re: progress pics.  exo, 42's,104" wheelbase

So what are your specs on the rig? Just how did you get to 104"? I like it, pretty interesting. Are you adding more tubing, I am assuming you are.

69 fj-40

396 chevy bigblock
350trans/205/twinsticked
chevy dana 60 front, arb locker, 5.13 gears
14 bolt rear , welded, 5.13, discs 42 tsl on mrt beadlocks

front and rear springs flipped. stock fj-40 springs. flipped the hangers on the rear for the 104 wheelbase.

im not adding much more tubing.. just a front stinger. i live in michigan where i still need a top.. so i cant tube out the whole thing. i just wanted a small exo and some rock rails. im putting in a few more supports and then let the wheeling COMMENCE.

Still can't figure out how you got to 104"

Is the front fame extended??

Still can't figure out how you got to 104"

Is the front fame extended??

It has to be. That front axle sits about where my axle sits and the front mounts are a very long way off from the stock location on mine. :D

yeah, my front axle is moved forward also.. had to outboard the springs when i put the dana 60 in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom