Program key - remote start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this key off ebay and programmed it, I used some brake + acc. pedal sequence and it seemed to work fine, the security light went off with all 3 of my keys. I had remote start installed and they used that 3rd key - now the other 2 keys won't start the car.

They said that they key might be causing interference and that I might need to buy some extra module for another $50. Dosen't make sense to me, I was wondering if I programmed it right, because the sequence I used was to add a second key?
Anyone ever heard of this problem - thanks

Well first, after you programmed the keys, did you start the LC with all three?
Or just turn on the ignition and watch the lamp? Did you start and drive it to the shop with key #1 or #2?
And as for the extra $50, tell them you'll pay for that if they pay for the keys to be reprogrammed, and then tell them how much FACTORY keys are if their starter kit screwed them up. If you took it in there with three keys working, it should come out with three keys working, PERIOD! Let me guess, Best Buy or Circuit City.

I never had the 3rd key cut, I programmed it , and when I put in the ignition the security lamp went off, it would not go off with the other keys. and no it wasn't C.C. or Bestbuy - its a custom stereo shop - there good I never had a problem with them before . Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom