Program key from a different Lexus? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got an extra key fob from my 2016 GX460 that looks exactly the same as my 2010 LX570. Does anyone know if it’s possible to reprogram the GX key fob so it works with my LX?

Not by yourself. There is a code on the back, plus usually one on the circuit board inside the key. The usually both have to match. Even if they do, you’ll need someone to unlock the key, then you will need Techstream to program it to your truck.

So technically maybe, but I’d say it’s a pretty big long shot. Especially with the year difference.

Not by yourself. There is a code on the back, plus usually one on the circuit board inside the key. The usually both have to match. Even if they do, you’ll need someone to unlock the key, then you will need Techstream to program it to your truck.

So technically maybe, but I’d say it’s a pretty big long shot. Especially with the year difference.
I googled ‘replacement key for 2010 LX’ and one of the sites showed a 2010 LX-compatible key that had matching numbers to what’s on my GX key. But they don’t match the numbers on my existing LX key. Wondering if that’s a non-starter…

If it’s the right part number, you will need a service like this. im not vouching for this one, but that’s the first step.

i can vouch for this seller: Unlock SERVICE For Lexus Smart Card Proximity Remote HYQ14CBB HYQ14ABB HYQ14AEB | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/401474922353

they unlocked my gx460 credit card key that i programmed to another lexus

also have a look at these threads:

I googled ‘replacement key for 2010 LX’ and one of the sites showed a 2010 LX-compatible key that had matching numbers to what’s on my GX key. But they don’t match the numbers on my existing LX key. Wondering if that’s a non-starter…
Sounds like it's just a keywincidence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom