productive day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Threads
got the passenger side shackle hanger moved...went much smoother than yesterday's left side. even lined up perfect on the first clamping:)

then, pulled the sway bar, cleaned it and lengthened the links to match the lift, put an led in the under dash light (sorry, pics don't turn out, but yes, it's better), and another one in the headlight switch, pulled the spare tire crossemember and removed the crank, cleaned it and reinstalled, fixed a poor ground on the front markers, found a couple of crappy connectors under the hood and replaced, and mounted the socket for the trailer wiring. freakin' tired now:beer:
plug1.JPG
plug2.JPG
sway bar link.JPG

pic of the links installed...also of the shackle hangers. i didn't get any pics of the right side, but here are pics from yesterday. i moved them 1 1/2 inches forward so i would have some shackle angle. in the last pic, you can see why i had no rear suspension.
sway bar installed.JPG
DSC03931.JPG
DSC03939.JPG

Nice!! What lift do you have that requires lengthening of the links? If I'm going to add about 2" of lift would that require them to be lengthened? That's quite a productive day!

Brian

4" springs and 2 1/2" shackles. with only 2', you should be fine.

Nice!! What lift do you have that requires lengthening of the links? If I'm going to add about 2" of lift would that require them to be lengthened?

I did the Spector lift which is 2 1/2" along with 1" over stock shackles and I left the links alone.

You do good work Ige, wish you lived closer...

thank much for the compliment. not much of a welder, so i'm pleased with how it turned out. the ex inspected it and said that it looked like good penetration on most everywhere.

When the ex says it's good penetration, you know it's good penetration.

last night, i finished up the winch and stretched the cable. tonight, drilled holes, mounted receiver (down low since i'll be towing a little popup) and mounted a brake controller. hope to get to wiring it this weekend...we'll see what all is going on.
DSC03963.JPG
DSC03967.JPG

Looks good.
So.... I guess you don't need that Class III receiver hitch that I have?

inge, is your light switch lighted?, have heard that they are out there but have never seen one!

Lou

I have never seen a padded dash like that on a 55. Is that rare or have I not paid attention to the 55's??

Looks like just about every Pigdash I've seen...

inge, is your light switch lighted?, have heard that they are out there but have never seen one!

Lou

yes. i think toyota went to the lighted switch around 74 or so. kinda pointless since it doesn't light up until thte lights are on. i don't care where the switch is when i've got the lights on :;):

another fairly productive weekend. thurs night, i pulled the master cylinder and rebuilt it, sat am, i bench bled it and half a$$ bled the brakes, enough to cruise up to slee off road, who was sponsoring rising sun's annual birfield packing party, where i helped coach some of those less techincal folks in tearing apart their fronts (and rears on the 80s) apart and refurbing them. then cruised home and began the tear apart for rear main.

had to stop early when i ran out of brake clean...bought two cases from work. took two cans just to clean the front shaft:eek:

this morning, i slept in, but by 10:30, treeroot was telling me it was time to get cranking. mange takk to him for hanging with me until the cruiser was all together...rear main is done (including fixing the clutch bolt that i broke....i tend to have a slight problem over torquing things), and brakes are fully bled.

this week i'll be installing tie down points, adjusting the steering, holding a central district meeting, and adjusting my brake shoes. next weekend, pick up the trailer and wire the cruiser for the trailer and brake controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom