product ideas - 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Team 100,

Who would be a good person to reach out to with some product ideas? After owning these beast for over 10+ years, I have some ideas that just keep popping up and I figured I would at least ask and see how it would work.

Thanks,

uzj100

Team 100,

Who would be a good person to reach out with some product ideas? After owning these beast for over 10+ years, I have some ideas that just keep popping up and I figured I would at least ask and see how it work out.

Thanks,

uzj100

Few guys that come to mind, depending on what it is, would be @TRAIL TAILOR and @NLXTACY (Wits' End)

Or, just post'em here. That sure worked out for Ben (now known as Dissent Offroad). He had idea for a bumper - one bumper - for his truck, and we wouldn't leave him alone 'til he agreed to go into business and make lots of awesome stuff for our trucks.

Also, Reznunt is doing some cool smaller volume metal options for the 100.

What are these great ideas that you are finding?

Or, just post'em here. That sure worked out for Ben (now known as Dissent Offroad). He had idea for a bumper - one bumper - for his truck, and we wouldn't leave him alone 'til he agreed to go into business and make lots of awesome stuff for our trucks.

Have you seen his new shop? The new space that he has is massive. He certainly turned that bumper into an awesome business (with TONS of hard work).

I bet we could hit at least the low 20s! :hillbilly:
Too bad ih8mud is run by the oil companies who want to suppress every conversation I try to have about improving fuel economy

@RFB for proper conspiracy theories on this topic

Thanks guys. I will reach out. My flame suit is not that thick. I need to vet and then share. hehe.

Thanks for all the great ideas.

I started a thread about rear corner protectors for OEM bumpers but it didn't gain any traction. Maybe it's time to bring it up again:

Which one of you will design a set of protective rear bumper wings only? For folks with sliders and OEM rear hitch but can’t afford a full rear bumper? The wings would bolt on to the frame and mate up to a trimmed OEM bumper cover somewhere around the red reflectors.

Pros:
- Wings would be less expensive than a full rear bumper
- Wings would be small enough to ship at a reasonable cost
- Wings would offer much-needed protection
- Wings could offer mounting locations for lightweight swing-outs (Rotopax-type stuff), or side ladder

Cons:
- Wings may not be as strong without center bumper section tying them together (make them and I will test :)).

IMG_5589.JPG

I started a thread about rear corner protectors for OEM bumpers but it didn't gain any traction. Maybe it's time to bring it up again:

Which one of you will design a set of protective rear bumper wings only? For folks with sliders and OEM rear hitch but can’t afford a full rear bumper? The wings would bolt on to the frame and mate up to a trimmed OEM bumper cover somewhere around the red reflectors.

Pros:
- Wings would be less expensive than a full rear bumper
- Wings would be small enough to ship at a reasonable cost
- Wings would offer much-needed protection
- Wings could offer mounting locations for lightweight swing-outs (Rotopax-type stuff), or side ladder

Cons:
- Wings may not be as strong without center bumper section tying them together (make them and I will test :)).

View attachment 2155867
Do you have any sketches or models of what it might look like? It sounds like a cool idea but I’m just trying to envision the final product.

Do you have any sketches or models of what it might look like? It sounds like a cool idea but I’m just trying to envision the final product.
Here's a few pics showing the "Wings" I'm envisioning, shown in orange. The center section of the OEM bumper remains, as does the OEM hitch. The Wings bolt onto the sides and rear of the chassis rails.

1.png

2.png

3.png

I like that idea... only thing holding me back is by the time it all adds up you might be halfway to an actual bumper? Which sorta limits the market somewhat. Looks like you have it designed though, if you want me to take a look send it over, or shoot me an email.

I also welcome new product ideas.. have a little bit about that on the bottom of this page even. About — Gamiviti I am always open to new suggestions.

The concern that I would have is if the area that is protected takes a big strike, will it deform into the actual sheet metal above it?

Years ago, there was a similar idea for the 80 series. Due to the cost, I don't think it ever really took off. And there hasn't been many/any? since....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom