Problems with Dissent no cut rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aaronrules

Coolest person you know!
Threads
Has anyone installed Ben’s no cut rear bumper and had any problems? I am founding out that the crossmember needs to be in good shape. I’m not faulting anyone or throwing shade at Ben. If anything, and many of you know this, I could just be a total moron and can’t get all right. The previous owner of my trick jackknifed something which dented and probably twisted the crossmember. This has prevented an easy installation of the no cut bumper. I had no idea a jacked up crossmember would have this effect.
I have ground down and beat with a BFH to get the base bumper on. But it’s crooked, and I don’t have room to put the bottom two bolts on the hitch in. They hit the crossmember and won’t let the nuts get tight.
I’ll include some pics of how the bumper is sitting crooked and the two bolts I am talking about. The top down picture shows the right side (in the picture) of the bumper is pushed in enough to be crooked which is also making the hitch crooked.

C9D394D0-D391-4FE8-906C-F0FFA4950F7F.jpeg

80CD1DAA-B23B-4313-9A7C-29C9B8A1EDA3.jpeg

9A192458-4BD2-4AAB-957F-436C325962CB.jpeg

Take the bumper off and correct the cross member.
My frame weld nuts were misaligned in the holes of the frame (common problem). No fault of the BIOR bumper. Bumper wasn’t going on until I corrected the truck.

those two bolts were too long for some:

Ben has shorter bolts for that very issue. Give him a call or email.

You could also run to Home Depot and grab a box of washers (1/2" I believe) and shim the head out until the bolt does not have excess thread sticking through.

or cut the excess thread. Not too difficult.

I’ll include some pics of how the bumper is sitting crooked and the two bolts I am talking about. The top down picture shows the right side (in the picture) of the bumper is pushed in enough to be crooked which is also making the hitch crooked.

View attachment 2477694
@aaronrules did your truck have the in frame hitch with the the square hole by any chance? i ask because mine does and i had the same problem with my bumper sitting crooked.

Mine was/is crooked because my crossmember is dented from the previous owner.

@aaronrules did your truck have the in frame hitch with the the square hole by any chance? i ask because mine does and i had the same problem with my bumper sitting crooked.
I also talked to Ben on the phone and he had some good suggestions to get the bumper to sit straight. I didn’t do what he told me to do though. Lol. But the bumper is rock solid as it is now. I’ve done plenty of towing and recovery off of it since installing it.

I also talked to Ben on the phone and he had some good suggestions to get the bumper to sit straight. I didn’t do what he told me to do though. Lol. But the bumper is rock solid as it is now. I’ve done plenty of towing and recovery off of it since installing it.
I'm going to use the spacers to level the sides out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom