Problems lifting body off frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cps432

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m installing Roger’s body mounts as I type this. I’ve got all my bolts loosened and freely moving, and left in place. I’m trying to lift the body off the frame at the rear but I’m not having success. I’m not installing the lift blocks so I don’t need to get it high off the frame. Just enough to get the old rubber out and insert the new poly. I’ve tried lifting from several points with a wooden block but the axle keeps coming up with the truck. Any ideas? I’m 100% certain nothing is rusted together. I probably don’t even need to replace these bushings after looking closer... but I’ve got the parts and I’m here now so....
E85A8F73-F758-4C1D-A400-905A8EC50A60.jpeg
AD799939-5CA4-454F-9705-0E678BEAD259.jpeg
EAA54D1A-8652-4CC7-897F-A8195794DB40.jpeg
7D63AB17-252F-4C0C-B31A-EBB129D3D6EE.jpeg

Did you try to remove the mounts at the back of the truck? By the tail lights? There is a cavity covered by a plate with two bolts. Once this is cover is removed the mount bolt can be accessed. Also, you might have to disconnect the gas lines etc.

can you share details where you got the mount kit?

I usually rent a Chinook helicopter for this

You must’ve forgotten two. And loosen all, but lift and do one side at a time.

I used a hilift jack placed between front/rear doors

I got it fellas. Turns out I just needed to take my panties off and lift the dam truck higher... :princess: and beat on a rusted washer a little bit.

Got the kit from 4crawler.com.

For posterity the Feb 1987 FJ60 has two small, four large, and six medium bushings. I would suggest getting longer hardware because some of the bolts were not long enough. And I would also suggest getting the heavy duty bottom washers to replace the oem cup washers. A few of mine were trashed and I need to find something to shim those two points now.

I’ll share a few pictures tomorrow afternoon.

I got it fellas. Turns out I just needed to take my panties off and lift the dam truck higher... :princess: and beat on a rusted washer a little bit.

Got the kit from 4crawler.com.

For posterity the Feb 1987 FJ60 has two small, four large, and six medium bushings. I would suggest getting longer hardware because some of the bolts were not long enough. And I would also suggest getting the heavy duty bottom washers to replace the oem cup washers. A few of mine were trashed and I need to find something to shim those two points now.

I’ll share a few pictures tomorrow afternoon.
Got a link on that site? Not finding bushings for some reason. Ty.

Got a link on that site? Not finding bushings for some reason. Ty.

Crack open a beer. Read that about ten times. Measure everything for a month. And then order. Haha!! Roger is great. Awesome communication, however the website is stuck in 1996 and needs some serious updates. Reach out to him if you have questions. He will respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom