Problem with Wiper linkage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I wanted to see if anyone out here has had any experience with a problem I am having now. I just turned on my Wiper, and one blade is working working, but the driver side blade is not turning. I guess it would have to be the linkage, but wanted to see if there is anything else to look at. It looks like a pain to try and get to the linkege, but may not have a choice.

It’s like a 1/2 banana to pull the motor and the linkage. Just be gentle…..

Yeah, it was just the bolt coming loose. Egg on my face. Thanks.
No worries.

Better to ask the question than to take it to a shop and have them charge you $165 to tell you they "fixed it"!

I actually did this for my neighbor on their RAV 4 when they were asking me a bunch of questions about the noises their car was making because they were considering renting a car for an upcoming trip due to the driver's side wiper not working.

So, maybe I need to open up a new thread on this item. It is with the windshield wiper functionality. I tried using the fluid to make sure that is working. I can hear the motor running, but no spray on either side. I did pull off the hose where the hose transitions to the hood. There is still no fluid coming to that point. So maybe where the fluid is coming from the canister to the hose. I wanted to see if there are known issues in the canister that I need to look at. I was looking at one link, where folks talk about a filter that may need to get cleaned, but the link wasn't specific to the land cruiser.

The washer fluid circuit is faily simple; washer bottle, pump, hose, diverter valve, spray nozzles. There is no filter except for the strainer that sits in the top of the fluid reservoir.

You could pull the hose off from the pump and see if fluid comes out when the pump is turned on, or pull the hose before the diverter valve (left front inner fender area) and see if fluid comes out. Tip: the hoses tend to get stuck
to the pipes/nipples so try twisting/rotating the hoses ie: using two fingers to loosen them before attempting to pull them off.

If fluid comes out of both those spots then the problem is likely with the diverter valve.

For like $120 you can order a new pump and diverter valve and just shotgun the whole system. The valve breaks anyway - if it hasn’t been replaced, you should.

So, maybe I need to open up a new thread on this item. It is with the windshield wiper functionality. I tried using the fluid to make sure that is working. I can hear the motor running, but no spray on either side. I did pull off the hose where the hose transitions to the hood. There is still no fluid coming to that point. So maybe where the fluid is coming from the canister to the hose. I wanted to see if there are known issues in the canister that I need to look at. I was looking at one link, where folks talk about a filter that may need to get cleaned, but the link wasn't specific to the land cruiser.
Sometimes it's due to freezing of the fluid in the lines and or tank. Try switching front to rear hoses, this may help for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom