Problem - Stock trailer wiring harness with an Curt trailer recover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I have a 2006 LC that did not have a tow receiver on it. However, it did have the stock 7 prong wiring harness bolted to the frame. I call a reputable shop in the Marietta/Kennesaw area here in the Atlanta metro. They have been in business for nearly 50 years and everyone says to take it them. So I called and got a quote for $298 installed and I scheduled an appointment for the following day (today).

I dropped if off and picked it up an hour later to find it installed properly or so I thought. I didn’t think at the time to check for the wiring harness. Again this is supposed to be a very respected and trusted shop. Anyway, I then made my way over to Home Depot to pickup a tiller to bring it home to prep for sod we have ordered. Well of course when I went to hook up the trailer I noticed they had installed the receiver right up against the harness and there was no way to hook up the lights. I’m enormously frustrated by their service and will be calling them tomorrow.

My question is what is the right brand receiver or is the right move that they should have moved the harness? I also do not like how low the Curt brand recover hangs. It appears that I would need to drill and tap new holes in the frame to move the bracket for the harness back.

Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated

B24E8DC6-F1B2-48BA-8D7A-E11A9B061960.jpeg

Based on that, you'd have to extend the wiring harness and either mount the plug under the receiver or to the side... I don't see them going through the trouble of making a hole in the receiver to accommodate the plug.

obviously, that was a pretty dumb move of theirs, but easy to fix yourself. If you don't want to drill and tap, it seems that you could mount the socket assembly to the cross-member easily enough with a bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom