Problem sourcing Saginaw conversion pressure line. School me on conversion to -6an (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to complete a Sagnaw pump to mini-truck box conversion. I ordered JTOutfitters conversion pressure line, but it does not work. The Toyota end on that line is 14x1.5mm and gearbox is looking for 16x1.5mm. No one (and I mean no one) locally can provide a line with male metric inverted flare. Not NAPA, any other parts house, or several specialty hose makers deal with it anymore. I guess volume and age have stacked up. Without pressure hose available, I'm considering converting to -6an.

I understand I can use fittings at both ends to convert to -6an then use more common hydraulic hose. How do the conversion fittings seal? In the gearbox orifice, the stock male inverted flare seals against a removable brass union seat in the bottom of the orifice. Does one remove that seat counting on flange to seal at box surface? Or does one leave that seat in when attaching conversion fittings?

Thanks

I think your concern is finding a 16mm with inverted flare??? In 1981 when Saginaw went to metric threads, they also went to o-ring fittings, not inverted flare. My guess is Russell (now owned by Edelbrock I believe) might have a 16mm inverted flare- - -see what you can google ??? In the mean time, look at ebay #254444267562 just for giggles.

Cut both lines in half. Take the ends you need to a hydro line shop and they can splice them together with fittings. Tell them it is a weird machine. Or pop the flare piece out of the box, then use the o-ring style fitting. The flare is brass usually.

Thanks for the replies. Right, it's the 16x1.5 male inverted flare going into the gear box no one who makes custom lines can source. That's why I'm now trying to convert at each end with fittings to -6AN and use an off the shelf line rather than continue to try to find a conversion pressure line.

Matzell, so does male inverted flare fitting + brass flare piece = o-ring fitting?

Nolen, who is PSC?

Thanks again,

Gerry

Sorry, I found PSC. So to confirm, for the gearbox fitting, is it a choice of o-ring fitting (don't use flare insert in orifice) or male inverted flare fitting (then use the piece)?

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom