problem running at steep incline (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I use my 79 fj40 for four wheeling alot and around here (ky) everything is steep. I went to slade the other day and could not keep it running when going up some rocks. I have, what i think is a 1.5f motor in there right now since the 2f overheated and popped. I have my 2f carb on there from my first motor and it seems to run just fine around town and down the interstate. I have been wheeling before and never had this problem. When i was up on a rock at a big angle if i kept it running, by giving it gas, it made alot of smoke also. I was thinking maybe doing a propane conv, but haven't looked into it or know much about it. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice to what can solve this? Thanks for any help.

They call it carburator hill for a reason, float adjustment will help

It was actually HairPin but when I rebuilt the carb and used a float tool and set it on the spec that my toyota manual said

Hi All:

Yeah, I know what you are talking about! :eek: :frown: :bang:

The carb on the 2F in my FJ40 works great 90% of the time, except on some inclines while 4 wheeling! :frown:

I have the parts on hand to do a GM TBI fuel injection swap on the rig; just need to arrange time with a buddy who did the same swap on his VJ40 to get it done! :D

Good luck!

Alan

Well I use my 79 fj40 for four wheeling alot and around here (ky) everything is steep. I went to slade the other day and could not keep it running when going up some rocks. I have, what i think is a 1.5f motor in there right now since the 2f overheated and popped. I have my 2f carb on there from my first motor and it seems to run just fine around town and down the interstate. I have been wheeling before and never had this problem. When i was up on a rock at a big angle if i kept it running, by giving it gas, it made alot of smoke also. I was thinking maybe doing a propane conv, but haven't looked into it or know much about it. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice to what can solve this? Thanks for any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom