Pro Gear San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
Differentials And Axles, Gear And Posi - Pro Gear - San Diego, Ca

Just picked up my truck yesterday from these guys. Kraig the owner was excellent to deal with and they had very fair pricing. I had them install a tc crawler gear set and 4.88's in my axles. So far all is good and they have a great warranty on the work. Just thought I would share for others to know about as I have been looking for a good gear shop for awhile now.

Noah

They refused to work on my 60. I wanted them to rebuild FJ62 4.10 thirds and install them in my 60 but they said no way, that they don't do old land cruisers. They said the trucks had too many mix and match parts. Maybe they changed their tune which would be good. Years ago I had them regear a 94 4runner and had a very positive impression of them from that work.

Frank

They refused to work on my 60. I wanted them to rebuild FJ62 4.10 thirds and install them in my 60 but they said no way, that they don't do old land cruisers. They said the trucks had too many mix and match parts. Maybe they changed their tune which would be good. Years ago I had them regear a 94 4runner and had a very positive impression of them from that work.

Frank

huh, not sure, I just sent a customer there with a 60 yesterday. I would call them again and ask. From my impression they will work on whatever as I asked them about rebuilding my fj40 tranny and tc eventually.

Sounds like things have changed for the better. I ended up regearing the 60 myself and did the same with my 80. Regardless, good news to hear they are doing our cruisers again. I was bummed when I got turned away as like I said, they did a great job on my 4runner at a good price.

Frank

Sounds like things have changed for the better. I ended up regearing the 60 myself and did the same with my 80. Regardless, good news to hear they are doing our cruisers again. I was bummed when I got turned away as like I said, they did a great job on my 4runner at a good price.

Frank

I see it more and more with the older cruisers. People are having a hard time finding someone to work on them which is why many times they find me, lol. I don't do gears or bodywork though so glad I found these guys.

Can you pm me how much they charged you for labor? I'm looking to do both diff & tcase. Thanks

My 4runner was done quite a few years ago so I am not sure the prices would necessarily hold true in today's numbers.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom