Pro Comp vs SkyJacker (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to add a 2.5" lift kit. The Pro Comp kit is very reasonably priced. Is this a good option or do I have to look more towards the SkyJacker or OME Kit. My 40 is not an offroad vehicle for the more part. Looking for a smoother ride and the look!

Thanks,

I am looking to add a 2.5" lift kit. The Pro Comp kit is very reasonably priced. Is this a good option or do I have to look more towards the SkyJacker or OME Kit. My 40 is not an offroad vehicle for the more part. Looking for a smoother ride and the look!

Thanks,
Have skyjackers on 2 40s from years ago. not overly flexible especially on the v8 no top 40- very hard.. I'd read up on leaf springs many better options now.

I’m using a 4” Skyjacker spring set and absolutely love it. Just make sure that the springs are not tightly bound but have open open top at the clamps to allow some flexing. Skyjacker uses pads between the springs for a smooth quiet ride, they work. Just my 2 cents. And I have no experience with Pro Comp (except their shocks) not recommending them, Bilsteins!

skyjacker are good springs for the price , teflon pads , open clamps , but no military wrap (trouble free for 17yrs)
you need to stetch them and they will give a smooth ride :cool:

P1000098.JPG

When looking for replacement springs take a close look at the number of leafs per stack. The fewer the leaf count the stiffer the ride is a good general rule.

Skyjackers here, I have no complaints.

Also no experience with other brands to compare against. I will say that my 40 on a 4" Skyjacker lift with Bilstien shocks rides better than my 08 4Runner did on forest service roads.

Pro Comp is using Bilstien to build shocks for their lifts now.

They told me that in my local 4wheelparts store about a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom