Pro Comp 2.5 lift springs with 3 in. long shackles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a nice 2.5 in lift springs from Pro Comp in my '79 FJ40, now I really like to fit 35 in tires just for the look (no rock crawling, just city driving and some sand dunes on occasional weekends), is it possible to get it lifted enough to fit 35s without replacing the springs? I ask that because where I live I can't find any lift springs and importing them from overseas would cost me more than their value!, so basically what are my options to get more lift out of these springs?

I got a nice 2.5 in lift springs from Pro Comp in my '79 FJ40, now I really like to fit 35 in tires just for the look (no rock crawling, just city driving and some sand dunes on occasional weekends), is it possible to get it lifted enough to fit 35s without replacing the springs?

Are your rear quarter wheel well openings stock, or cut? 35's are going to rub in stock openings with any flex at all.

... what are my options to get more lift out of these springs?

You can put longer shackles on; every inch longer on the shackles will net you 1/2" of additional lift. You will probably need to shim both axles if you go very far down this path though.

What's the tire selection like over there? I just installed the same thing with a true 33" tire and it's pretty big. Don't see a need for 35" really
Pic for reference

20201124_164709_HDR.jpg

35"s with 4" lift with trimmed wheel wells. I really like the look. 33"s were a bit small and looked funny. I could not recomend trimming the wheel wells to keep the value up, if you care about that. You can always run a longer shackle to gain some lift, but you sacrifice ride quality. Although there are a lot of mixed opinions, a small body lift could also be a possibility.

35"s

20201107_160927.jpg

20201107_160915.jpg

33"s

20200803_144820.jpg

20200803_124827.jpg

You can do 33's without much issue, but 35's would require major hacking of the body, or maybe a 2" body lift.

Wow, I remember in 1970 when "big" was 31" 10:50's, I showed up in the parking lot of our 4WD club meeting with a set of 33's and got laughed off the lot. I also remember 31's working better than the 33's on almost every run/every terrain, but that was when there was no rock crawling, we steered around the rocks back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom