Private membership forum (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rain76king

Wicked Pissah Cruisah Haulah a NLC.
Threads
The private membership forum for Yankee Toys was created as a place where members could talk more openly about the trail locations, perspective trails to scout and things of that nature.

It was also created to protect the trails we use.

In the past we may use a name of a trail that might have a name of a road in it.
When we post the town along with a trail name it can becomes easy to find.

I would also encourage us to use this section for selling things so that active members of the club may have a shot at buying something off another member before a non active member.

Also if there's club dirty laundry or something of that nature I would suggest we use the private forum
rather than the public forum.

There is a procedure to see and gain access to the forum.

(I have only done it via pc so I'm not sure if these directions are applicable to tabs and phones)

First you need to hover your cursor over your name in the upper right hand corner to expand the hidden menu.

In the bottom right hand corner of that menu is "Join User Group", click on that.

a list titled "joinable user groups" will appear and at or near the bottom you want to select "Yankee Toys"

Another screen will popup and ask why you want to join. In the field please provide your full name and phone number so that I can verify your membership status.

Once approved you will see the new area at the top of the screen.

I'll watch this thread and help out anyone who has trouble entering the area.

Thanks for your understanding,
Bob
rain76king@hotmail.com

Last edited:
just got my dream vehicle, its a 200 that will be a daily driver but balanced with off-road capabilities. New to the site but want to join in on the fun here. Live in Portsmouth, NH and can't wait to get this truck muddy. How do I join, as the directions above don't seem to work. Peace and have fun out there!

The directions work fine.

I just checked them again to be sure.

It's important to note that unless you have joined our club this part of the forum private.

It's put in place to protect trails and a place where members can chat with less of a filter.

The main forum is still used for most everything so if your not in the private section you're not missing much.

Thanks,
Bob

Hello, is there anybody in there? I have tried numerous times and cannot get this to work. I need help before I smash my pc.

I can't add anyone.
The directions are fairly clear.
I'm no web genius.
Maybe message woody.

Hello, is there anybody in there? I have tried numerous times and cannot get this to work. I need help before I smash my pc.
Click on your name and select join user groups, scroll down and select Yankee Toys.

If user groups aren't lusted check your preferences to turn that option on

Hope this helps

Bob

I think I followed directions, but I'm not that bright, so I might not of, can you take a look when you can?

Thanks

I received your request and approved it.
The private membership forum should appear when you log in now.

The private membership forum for Yankee Toys was created as a place where members could talk more openly about the trail locations, perspective trails to scout and things of that nature.

It was also created to protect the trails we use.

In the past we may use a name of a trail that might have a name of a road in it.
When we post the town along with a trail name it can becomes easy to find.

I would also encourage us to use this section for selling things so that active members of the club may have a shot at buying something off another member before a non active member.

Also if there's club dirty laundry or something of that nature I would suggest we use the private forum
rather than the public forum.

There is a procedure to see and gain access to the forum.

(I have only done it via pc so I'm not sure if these directions are applicable to tabs and phones)

First you need to hover your cursor over your name in the upper right hand corner to expand the hidden menu.

In the bottom right hand corner of that menu is "Join User Group", click on that.

a list titled "joinable user groups" will appear and at or near the bottom you want to select "Yankee Toys"

Another screen will popup and ask why you want to join. In the field please provide your full name and phone number so that I can verify your membership status.

Once approved you will see the new area at the top of the screen.

I'll watch this thread and help out anyone who has trouble entering the area.

Thanks for your understanding,
Bob
rain76king@hotmail.com
Just to reiterate the purpose of the private membership forum area. Please utilize this area.

I don't think I am, but there is a good possibility that I am going crazy. I've been trying to "Join User Group" by following the directions for a while now. I looked into adjusting my account preferences and I cant find anything options that have to do with user groups. Please help? Thanks in advance.

I’ve checked and I have no requests.
Are you trying this by phone or laptop/pc/tablet?

I have been trying on my laptop. I hover the mouse over my name in the upper right hand corner like your procedure says and I don't see anything in the menu to add user groups. I tried going into my preferences as directed by landtank a few posts up in this thread and cant find any options for adding a user group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom