Pristine 1965 FJ45 long-bed pickup for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1965 FJ45 long bed pickup for sale. 1983 2F engine, 4 speed, 4-speed xfer case, PTO winch, 1977 axles (disk brake front). Minitruck power steering. Tan in color. Body interior and exterior are fully restored. Asking $26,000, obo. Please visit the website below. More photos are available, too.

Steve
719-548-2226 - days
steve.helmreich (at) hp.com

Slideshow and description at:

65 FJ45
fj45.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Steve! I can't believe you're selling your 45!

Having seen this truck personally at the Rising Sun Rally, I can attest to it's beauty. Wish I had the coin. This is a dream rig for me. :crybaby:

You should post this on the RS forum as well. Maybe a club member would be interested and it might stay in CO.

:cheers:

wo...what's the scoop steve. this is your baby? you can't do this. :eek:

Reason for sale: Perhaps I have more fun building them than owning them. I'm also a little short on garage space. I still have my '78 FJ40, which was and is my first love. (I know - heresy among '45ers..)

While the price may seem high, I spent 18 months of very early mornings and late nights fabbing and painting and assembling, and it just took a lot of energy to put that truck together. I'm quite serious about the 'obo' part - make me a reasonable offer and we'll talk.

I drove it the other night - and I'm sure you all know that a truck 'knows' you have it for sale, so it runs ever better than ever, and rattles less and whispers 'you still love me, don't you?'. I hate it when that happens.

Steve

That is a very nice truck indeed :cheers:

Price is one thing...having projects in progress makes it harder to explain to :princess:

Very nice truck...hope it finds a good home!

I drove it the other night - and I'm sure you all know that a truck 'knows' you have it for sale, so it runs ever better than ever, and rattles less and whispers 'you still love me, don't you?

one of the best lines ever on this forum...

price

When gauging the price of such a vehicle consider the original cost of the vehicle (if you can find one) how much it would take both in parts and labor to get it there and even if you did all the work yourself, is that something you really want to do? Keep in mind many take the "do it yourself" approach and end up selling out before completion at a loss..
Another cost comparison is to look at what you can buy new and how much it will depreciate- not to mention the fact that there are thousands of those to be had.
Nice ride!

I was just at TLC the other day, they had a stage one restoration of a FJ45 that was done for a customer, when I asked what the truck might sell for if it was not customer owned, the guy said in the order of $75,000.00

Makes this truck seem like a bargain.

Of course it has and I hope you got the amount you wanted for it, whatever amount that was. A beautiful truck indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom