1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Print or Cursive

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by ColoradoFJ60, Jun 27, 2005.

1. ColoradoFJ60

ColoradoFJ60

I remember back in 3rd grade, we learned how to write in cursive and throughout most of school after we learned that, I continued to write in cursive.

I now realize though that in my adult life, I mainly print my words. I also have my own version of shorthand where I print and write cursive in the same word.

Who still writes in cursive and who prints?

2. wob

wob

mixed up jibberish between the 2

3. mabrodis

mabrodis

I can't remember half of the cursive letters so it looks really wacked when I get to like a 'Q' or something that ain't quite right. I almost never write anything by hand anymore, always type...infact so much so that I'll be writing notes for a project and they suck, I mean seriously I can barely read them 5 seconds after I wrote them. Even when I try to write good, I think my wrist is not useto it, I start writing crooked, some muscle twitch and it's a total mess.. :D

4. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    i print, but my handwriting is so bad it is often mistaken for cursive

5. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    After years of technical drawing and drafting...print. My wife just about flipped out when I wrote something down in cursive and handed it to her. We had been married for 11 years and she had never seen me write anything in a cursive script. My cursive is quite nice, I just rarely write that way. Computers have all but destroyed fine penmanship. It certainly isn't taught beyond elementary school anymore. Too bad.

6. dieseldog

dieseldog She idles just fine . . .

I'm like WShark on this one. My engineering background caused me to devolop quick, neat printing. My cursive is distinctive; however, definitely male. Twelve years of Catholic education and I got lots of penmanship practice. Thank you, Sister Mary Claude, OSF.

7. airon23

airon23

Better as a poll

8. Metal Spice

Metal Spice

Cursive. I print every now & then, but everything is mostly cursive. Eric says it's nice to look at it but you can't read it. I guess it's a little to calligraphic to read. My quick cursive is absolutely atrocious though.

9. Jomama

Jomama

Media:
    Albums:
    Cant stop myself from mixing them, connecting printed letters mostly.

10. e rock

e rock

Too many years of technical drawing/drafting - I'm a printer. Usually all capitalized, with proper names starting with a slightly larger version. I'm remarkably consistent, though. I don't have a clue what 'point-size' I use, but it's almost always the same.

The only cursive I use is for my signature and with a last name like Blankenship, my cursive is highly abbreviated.

11. 72cruiser

72cruiser

yeah, after drafting classes and eng. graphics, i have the standard engineer print mindset...

if i have to write quickly though, the cursive and print get all jumbled, especially after e's and n's

malphrus

12. TheGr8Doughboy

TheGr8Doughboy

I'll never forget. We were about to take our SATs 3 years ago and the test stated that you must write NOT PRINT the pledge. Nobody moved until a brave kid in teh back asked the teacher administrating the test "can I get you to write a cursive "i" on the board?". We ended up with the whole alphabet on the board so, as graduating high school seniors, we could write something other than print.

So uh, print... or code if you're tryin to read it...

13. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

I'm a man. I print. :flipoff2:

Actually, it's print, but if I write fast, it's connected print -- sort of a bastardized cursive/print combo. I spend most of my time at the keyboard...so my penmanship has suffered a bit, but it's still very good, if I say so myself.

14. Owyhee Jackass

Owyhee Jackass

I don't understand why they still teach writing in grammar school. My daughter's 6th grade teacher would not accept any "written" final project papers this past year. The papers had to be typed. If they aren't going to use it ( as I never do...also an engineer), why spend time teaching it?

15. Cards81fan

Cards81fan

All caps print, 4 characters per inch..

unless I write really fast... then it's just crap

16. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

My gr. 7 geography teacher had a cool hybrid style which I adopted more or less. But as I'm not a gurl, I prefer print any day! If I had to go cursive, I'd preface my name with 'Dr.'

TY

17. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

After I taught drafting I print in all caps.

18. cruiserman

cruiserman

'cause that's what the curriculum tells them to do. I hate cursive. Can barely stand to take the time to sign my name.