Princess the BTJ62 is coming home (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did it ever have a working tach?

I suspect the last time this tach worked was when it was a 3FE powered truck, looks like the original gas tach. I'm not sure they speak the same language, I'll be getting to the bottom of it it would be super sweet if I could get the original one to work.

Anyone know what it would take to hook it up? Would need a factory diesel tach? It has some silly digital tach that reads the injector pulse, but that doesn't seem to be functioning either....

Nice to see you taking on this truck! Henry's rig was the inspiration for my first 60 build from the first time I saw it at Mudraks years ago. Just out of curiosity, is there a set of drawers in the back?

Nice to see you taking on this truck! Henry's rig was the inspiration for my first 60 build from the first time I saw it at Mudraks years ago. Just out of curiosity, is there a set of drawers in the back?

I've been a fan of this truck too, it's crazy that it's now in my driveway (actually currently on the street because it hemmorages a f-ton of gear oil).

It does have the drawer setup in the back. I really dig it, I've always wanted one, but I am reluctantly debating keeping it. This truck is heavy and I could use the rear cargo space for my dog, my stereo plans and hauling all of my crap around, as well as my wife's random fits of IKEA desires. This thing feels like it weights 8000lbs. It blew the lame rear shocks on the drive over while loaded with parts. I have a set of big kid remote resi adjustable Fox 2.0's left over from my FJ40 that are a remarkably good fit. I'll see how it does they should clean up the road manners dramatically.

What ever happened to Henry Cubillan?!
He was such a rabid cruiserhead, wrote a lot of toyota trails articles back in the 90s/2000s?

last I heard he'd had a family and bought a 100 series. Is he still around driving cruisers somewhere?

That was a super cool truck in every stage of it's build up. Sorry to hear it's been neglected, but looking forward to seeing it fixed up again.

Holy crap, I've admired this truck for ages while browsing the nets for green painted cruisers!!

I've been a fan of this truck too, it's crazy that it's now in my driveway (actually currently on the street because it hemmorages a f-ton of gear oil).

It does have the drawer setup in the back. I really dig it, I've always wanted one, but I am reluctantly debating keeping it. This truck is heavy and I could use the rear cargo space for my dog, my stereo plans and hauling all of my crap around, as well as my wife's random fits of IKEA desires. This thing feels like it weights 8000lbs. It blew the lame rear shocks on the drive over while loaded with parts. I have a set of big kid remote resi adjustable Fox 2.0's left over from my FJ40 that are a remarkably good fit. I'll see how it does they should clean up the road manners dramatically.
Glad to hear that the drawer system is still in place. I built that set of drawers for Henry when he did the major overhaul right before Princess was published in Toyota Trails. I was pretty stoked when he called me! If you get a chance would you mind sending me some pics?

Like I said, it's really cool that you've picked up this task of restoring what I consider to be a piece of, at least my, Land Cruiser history. Can't wait to see the progress!:beer:

Glad to hear that the drawer system is still in place. I built that set of drawers for Henry when he did the major overhaul right before Princess was published in Toyota Trails. I was pretty stoked when he called me! If you get a chance would you mind sending me some pics?

Like I said, it's really cool that you've picked up this task of restoring what I consider to be a piece of, at least my, Land Cruiser history. Can't wait to see the progress!:beer:

I will get you pics! It's a rad setup. Nice work!

I wouldn't call what I have planned a restoration exactly. I want it to be in respectable condition and for everything to work as it should, but I don't want to be neurotic over paint and things like that.

I suspect the last time this tach worked was when it was a 3FE powered truck, looks like the original gas tach. I'm not sure they speak the same language, I'll be getting to the bottom of it it would be super sweet if I could get the original one to work.

Anyone know what it would take to hook it up? Would need a factory diesel tach? It has some silly digital tach that reads the injector pulse, but that doesn't seem to be functioning either....
Dakota Digital diesel interface can fix that. It can either run off a flywheel sensor or alternator "W" wire. I use the "W" wire on my Cummins and BJ40

Check the parts boxes. I think there was a Dakota Digital DSL-1 in there that I never installed.

Last edited:
Henry, me, and then the Hollywood guy.

Post some pics or it didn't happen.

You forgot Henry's Uncle :)

Henry is a live and well and will be attending Rubithon 2018 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom