Princess the BTJ62 is coming home (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone!

Through a strange chain of events, Friday I pick up Princess, the Proffitt built BTJ62. She's in rough shape and need some love. I may never get her back to her former show ready glory, but she's in good hands and will be loved.

I'll put together a build thread of her revival. Also, hop in Instagram, I just started the dedicated page BTJ62 to chronicle the journey back to life as well as her future adventures! Follow along! I've got some cool plans for her.

Pictures for those of us not familiar with the 'Princess"

Just one of them that I found when doing a quick search. Anxious to see what she looks like now. Followed you on IG. @MyCruiserisaHogBeast

IMG_1603.JPG

Only one other person owned it since it it was sold by original owner and builder Mud user Exiled in 2008. But the new owner didn't really take care of it, kinda makes me sad but it also creates a great opportunity for me at the same time.

That used to be an incredible truck.

Subscribed. Also following on IG, my user @luisugueto90

Luckily it's still an incredible truck. Despite looking like it spent it's time on the sun facing side of Mercury, the interior is trashed, half of the electrical doesn't work, the gauge cluster is a mess, it has a blown head gasket and I'm sure a bunch of other fun surprises, it fires right up and is still one of the most pleasant Cruisers that I've driven on the road, just don't look down haha!

Only one other person owned it since it it was sold by original owner and builder Mud user Exiled in 2008. But the new owner didn't really take care of it, kinda makes me sad but it also creates a great opportunity for me at the same time.

Was @davegonz the original owner? For some reason I thought he was the second, maybe third to own? Maybe my recollections are wrong.

Henry, me, and then the Hollywood guy.

Post some pics or it didn't happen.

Last edited:
So let's take a poll for anyone who cares about these stupid things: is it a 4BTJ62 or a BTJ62? And go!

I say it's a BTJ62. There are several Cummins variants, just like F, B and H variants in Toyotaland. A 1976 FJ isn't called a 2FJ40... anyone else have any opinions?

I agree, BTJ62 it is

Who cares, let's see some pictures

I didn't know there was a middle owner. How long did you have it?

I had her for about two years. I did a bunch of fixes to make her a daily driver (dedicated starting circuit, working AC, A/T tires versus the old MT/R's). I ultimately sold her because daily driving a custom project truck (with custom truck problems) like that really didn't fit my family situation at the time. I replaced her with a wife friendly 100 series.

I missed having a 4BT powered rig that I later traded the 100 for an 4BT80. Man, that truck was fun, but it kept destroying the 700r4 tranny :(

I had her for about two years. I did a bunch of fixes to make her a daily driver (dedicated starting circuit, working AC, A/T tires versus the old MT/R's). I ultimately sold her because daily driving a custom project truck (with custom truck problems) like that really didn't fit my family situation at the time. I replaced her with a wife friendly 100 series.

I missed having a 4BT powered rig that I later traded the 100 for an 4BT80. Man, that truck was fun, but it kept destroying the 700r4 tranny :(

A lot of your efforts are still visible. AC bracket broke off and last owner just didn't fix it for some reason (I don't get it). Luckily he didn't even remove the bracket pieces from the engine block and just threw then AC compressor in a box.... A buddy of mine has the leftovers of the bracket and is going to fab up a big beefy version. I'm hoping I can get lucky and just plug the thing in and charge it up, we'll see.

Despite how hammered the truck is, sense that I get is that it's pretty much sorted for the most part. I know that I'll find some surprises here and there, but with some upgrades and a little elbow grease I think she can do daily detail. I work from home so I'm also not commuting to work right now so that definitely makes it easier.

I'm also going to be putting it through its paces in the dirt, where I think it'll really do well, especially after some messaging

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom