Prime Day Steals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had thought they both do the same thing, reduce the built in factory delay from throttle input with varying degrees of aggressiveness.
I’ve had a sprint booster and a pedal
Commander, one on a 200 and the other on a v8 4runner. They both do the same. I find the pedal commander is more user friendly, looks cleaner and has more “modes” to cycle through.

I just ordered the 75 for the extra insurance

i decided to cancel my gbx75 order and go with the gooloo gt4000. After reading several reviews, it offers some nice features like (1) usb-c charging (2) usb-b charging ports and it pre-heats the battery. The Noco reviews had me concerned with some long term issues. Just some thoughts
Let us know how it performs. I ended up ordering the GBX75…… a lot of good options out there to choose from. The NOCO reviews have a strong track record of positive and longterm uses which was a deciding factor for me. So far impressed with the NOCO battery tender /charger I recently started using compared to the Tender Plus it replaced.

No one is talking about horsepower…
Then why is anyone talking about “murdering” other vehicles at stoplights?

Due to how this device installs, all it can possibly do is modify the throttle pedal signal between the pedal and the ecu. Meaning any delay it reduces can also be addressed by modifying your throttle input.

None of this means you can’t prefer what it does.. or that it’s worth the money to you. It only means that it’s not doing anything someone can’t do with their foot for free.

Then why is anyone talking about “murdering” other vehicles at stoplights?

Due to how this device installs, all it can possibly do is modify the throttle pedal signal between the pedal and the ecu. Meaning any delay it reduces can also be addressed by modifying your throttle input.

None of this means you can’t prefer what it does.. or that it’s worth the money to you. It only means that it’s not doing anything someone can’t do with their foot for free.
I’ve heard good things about the Peddle commander but what happens when it stops working? Does the throttle just bypass the PC box and work as normal?

I’ve heard good things about the Peddle commander but what happens when it stops working? Does the throttle just bypass the PC box and work as normal?
This is such a safety critical part I assume they engineered some kind of failsafe into the unit, like a “default to zero throttle” behavior if something goes wrong.

From a safety standpoint I’d have no problem running this, personally.

This is such a safety critical part I assume they engineered some kind of failsafe into the unit, like a “default to zero throttle” behavior if something goes wrong.

From a safety standpoint I’d have no problem running this, personally.
I hope so, the price is pretty dang reasonable

Like this?

Which one do you recommend for our 200’s

Please report back. I wonder how long these things last and the consequence when it stops working. The idea of it makes a lot of sense and may get one as well.
Received the pedal commander and installed it this morning. Install is easy if you can fit in the footwell and, this will not be an easy install for the rotund.

The Bluetooth connection is key for me because I don’t like dangly bits in the cabin so I stuffed it behind the carpet.

I played areound a little and have settled on ‘city’ for the moment. I’m not looking for aggressive downshifting or hard throttle starts. Instead, I’m after more responsive throttle input that is analogous to my input on the pedal. The quicker response just on ‘City’ is really great.

My big wish would be a way to delay downshifting and raise the rpm’s for upshifting… something akin to the ‘Excite’ setting on my Navigator. The higher rpm’s while upshifting do happen with the more aggressive settings on the pedal commander but it comes with more launch from a dead stop. I’m after better engine stopping and higher shift points for towning.

All in all, good purchase and easy install.

I have not watched the video posted about what happens when it fails… this may change my mind.

My big wish would be a way to delay downshifting and raise the rpm’s for upshifting… something akin to the ‘Excite’ setting on my Navigator. The higher rpm’s while upshifting do happen with the more aggressive settings on the pedal commander but it comes with more launch from a dead stop. I’m after better engine stopping and higher shift points for towning.

Isn’t this what the Power ECT button does?

For towing most people use the S-Mode for the transmission. This allows you to keep the trans from shifting into the highest gears giving you better control of RPMs and engine braking.

(General Ed, S Mode can function as a manual shift type mode, but what you are really doing is setting the maximum gear the truck will shift into)

Isn’t this what the Power ECT button does?

For towing most people use the S-Mode for the transmission. This allows you to keep the trans from shifting into the highest gears giving you better control of RPMs and engine braking.

(General Ed, S Mode can function as a manual shift type mode, but what you are really doing is setting the maximum gear the truck will shift into)

Received the pedal commander and installed it this morning. Install is easy if you can fit in the footwell and, this will not be an easy install for the rotund.

The Bluetooth connection is key for me because I don’t like dangly bits in the cabin so I stuffed it behind the carpet.

I played areound a little and have settled on ‘city’ for the moment. I’m not looking for aggressive downshifting or hard throttle starts. Instead, I’m after more responsive throttle input that is analogous to my input on the pedal. The quicker response just on ‘City’ is really great.

All in all, good purchase and easy install.

I have not watched the video posted about what happens when it fails… this may change my mind.
I received mine yesterday afternoon and just installed it a few minutes ago. I qualify as being somewhat rotund ;), but really didn't find the install to be difficult. It took just a minute or 2 to get it plugged in and then a few minutes to decide on at least a temporary way to route the cable. For now, I have it routed under the trim panels and coming out between the console and driver's seat. I haven't taken it for a spin yet, but will be heading out on a 10 day trip starting later this coming week, so will give it lots of use. If I have any problems with it, I can pull it out and swap back to stock very easily and return it to Amazon when I get back home. The only unfortunate thing is that the Pedal Commander app doesn't want to run on the Tesla Style head unit I installed that runs Android 9 - it keeps crashing. But the iPhone app works.

I received mine yesterday afternoon and just installed it a few minutes ago. I qualify as being somewhat rotund ;), but really didn't find the install to be difficult. It took just a minute or 2 to get it plugged in and then a few minutes to decide on at least a temporary way to route the cable. For now, I have it routed under the trim panels and coming out between the console and driver's seat. I haven't taken it for a spin yet, but will be heading out on a 10 day trip starting later this coming week, so will give it lots of use. If I have any problems with it, I can pull it out and swap back to stock very easily and return it to Amazon when I get back home. The only unfortunate thing is that the Pedal Commander app doesn't want to run on the Tesla Style head unit I installed that runs Android 9 - it keeps crashing. But the iPhone app works.
Cool, looking forward to your post trip review. We also have a trip coming up that will let me run it a lot to dial it in.

Access in the Tesla head unit would be very convenient.

Access in the Tesla head unit would be very convenient.
Yeah, I was just expecting the app to work, but that's the nature of the beast with these Android head units. At the same time, I don't expect to be changing it frequently, so it's not a big deal.

It will just go to zero throttle. You’ll still have power steering and brakes, but will suddenly start slowing down and probably need to move over depending on traffic conditions.

It may trigger CELs that you’ll need to clear..

It will just go to zero throttle. You’ll still have power steering and brakes, but will suddenly start slowing down and probably need to move over depending on traffic conditions.

It may trigger CELs that you’ll need to clear..
I’ll take a hard pass now on the PC. Went down the rabbit hole and found more dangerous issues with it. I won’t risk my families life on a $300 accessory to have a little more throttle.

I’ll take a hard pass now on the PC. Went down the rabbit hole and found more dangerous issues with it. I won’t risk my families life on a $300 accessory to have a little more throttle.

Chinese electronic junk.

Chinese electronic junk.
I’m not getting either. I would like a little more throttle response but I’m so used to way it drives, it doesn’t bother me.

If Mine fails I'll replace it immediately. The throttle should have been programmed better at the factory. If your on the fence don't listen to the folks who have never tried it. Just get one and don't look back.

…and don't look back.
*except when trying to get to the shoulder without being nuked by the rest of the cars on the road

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom