Pricing Matrix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How do you guys value LX-470's. Is age more of a factor vs mileage?

For example, would a 2001 with 100,000 miles be worth as much as say an 2005 with 175,000 miles?

Assuming all else being equal (like single owner, timing belt, good maintenance history) etc.

I've been looking high and low for a nice LX-470. I am currently driving an '02 4Runner with 257K miles on it and want to upgrade.

I don't care too much about Navi and stuff like that. Obviously the 4 speed (pre '03) vs 5 speed is an issue and small body style changes.

Just trying to gauge a good buy.

Saw a nice '04 LX-470 with 125K miles, but they wanted 18.5K. Seemed steep to me, but the maintenance history was impeccable, brought to the Lexus dealer for the 5K, 10K, 20K, 30K, 40K, 50K thru about 110K. Timing belt appears to have been done (sticker) but was not done at the Lexus shop.

Thoughts?

I would personally pay more for a 2005 truck with more miles than a lower mile older truck if we're comparing 175k miles to 100k miles.

In my mind, that 2004 LX for $18.5K is steep even with the maintenance history. I got records since new every 5k miles on my 2003 LX truck with 162k for significantly less than that with no rust or anything like that. However, if you can't find any other clean LXs for sale, then see if you can negotiate with them.

Last edited:
My decision ended up being based purely on condition and meeting the owner who provided me with a literal stack of paperwork and receipts. My rig has 247k miles and looks brand new aside from some rock chips up front. The dealer and friends all guessed 40-60k miles based on condition.

I looked at and drove many over 4-months and 100k miles rigs were neglected and priced for their mileage, sometimes $22,000 to $27,000 in my searches. Higher mileage vehicles could range from $14,000-22,000 if they were newer model years, but even these suffered from painted chassis and one smelled like Bondo, others had visible rust bubbles at the fenders. Mine ended up costing $10,000 and needed nothing except the things I decided to do or ad to it. I will agree with what was said, after seeing so many 100-series and LX's the higher mileage rigs (200-250k) seemed to be in better condition as they were regularly driven and maintained. Wait for the one that speaks to you, its out there.

Agreed. When I was shopping, I split the market into Pre-2003, 2003-2005, and then 2006-2007. Those year splits dictate the largest price differences for the most part.

I would search for the newest one you can afford that's taken care of and has a good history. Good maintenance history was more important than miles for me.

Ha, same here! I narrowed my list to 2003-05 which reduced the number of prospective units even further.
Agreed. When I was shopping, I split the market into Pre-2003, 2003-2005, and then 2006-2007. Those year splits dictate the largest price differences for the most part.

I would search for the newest one you can afford that's taken care of and has a good history. Good maintenance history was more important than miles for me.

As previously said, narrow it down to the year range you want based on the features and go from there. High mileage Toyotas have never bothered me but I knew I wanted an '03-'05 with the lowest miles I could afford. In my case I knew I wanted a LC rather than the Lexus. I started watching nation wide to get a general idea of price for what I wanted.

I ended up with an '04 LC with 156k, decent service history, in excellent condition for $13k, and it was local to me in CO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom