pricing FJ -does this sound good 24,911.58 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
groups.msn.com
Hey,
Long time FJ40 owner, went and test drove a FJ cruiser today, fully loaded FJ30,000.00 - I asked the sales women about a base model for 24,000.00 and she. Quoted me 24,911.58
-w curtin shield airbags (front and second row) 650
-toyoguardplus protection group 699

6 m/t - fullsize spare- full time 4x4, tourson center diff lock, locking rear diff, p265/70r 17" black steel wheels

Does this sound about right for those who have bought an FJ. Im located in southwest Fl, dealership are on the high side here.

Thanks for your time .....Ray

landcrusiergod1 said:
Hey,
Long time FJ40 owner, went and test drove a FJ cruiser today, fully loaded FJ30,000.00 - I asked the sales women about a base model for 24,000.00 and she. Quoted me 24,911.58
-w curtin shield airbags (front and second row) 650
-toyoguardplus protection group 699

6 m/t - fullsize spare- full time 4x4, tourson center diff lock, locking rear diff, p265/70r 17" black steel wheels

Does this sound about right for those who have bought an FJ. Im located in southwest Fl, dealership are on the high side here.

Thanks for your time .....Ray

What is the toyoguardplus protection group for 699 ?

Bob

toyoguard is basically another of Southeast Toyota's scams for additional markup. It's paint protection and a couple of other insignificant profit makers.
As far as your dealers pricing, go to toyota.com and stick your zip in where it says build and price your own and it will give you the msrp. What you have to watch out for are the add on charges like doc fees, office fees, and so on into infinity. The Southeast Toyota disclaimer is as follows
"2007 Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, excludes the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee of $580 for Cars and $605 for Trucks, Vans and SUVs. (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota's charge for these services is called the "Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee" and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota's overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally required equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC and TX is $45 higher for Trucks, Sienna and SUVs, and $55 higher for all other Toyota vehicles."
All that said, you're in the ball park, but they can print out a window sticker on the exact vehicle that you will be getting, so there won't be any surprises or disagreements. Some dealers were trying to get 5K over list at first, but I think that's pretty much fallen by the wayside and most of them are glad to be getting full list and a few are even discounting a little. If you're going for the manual, they are having a little harder time selling those than the automatics so you might shop around by using the internet sites of the dealers and get yourself a real deal. Don't forget that these things are being sold every day on EBAY.
FJ Tribe
Proud member of the FJ Nation

I believe the Handling Fee is just Toyota's way of saying "Shipping".

Forget the ToyoGuard. It's a rip-off.

Michael

I think the airbags are a worthwhile option, but the Toyoguard is short for "screwing you over". Try and negotiate on the Toyoguard; however, it may just be the price you gotta pay for living in SET's area

Other than that, make sure you can live without the convenience package (keyless entry, cruise, pwr windows); if you can, it might be worth looking in to.

In the Southeast Toyota area, you can only get the fj with the convenience package. You can however, order it without the toyoguard package...which I would advise you to do. I got mine totally stripped other than the "convenience package". I really am glad that I didn't get all of the other junk so I can fix it exactly the way I like it at prices that are much better than MSRP option pricing.

Thanks for the help, - That answered a lot of questions. ----- It was funny though to see the sales women reaction when I shifted into 4 low! She had a fit, and quickly pulled the t-case lever back into 4 high. hehe.. I asked her about the FJ trail TEAM and if they had come by yet. She said what??
Thanks guys Ray

Had a customer come in Friday that bought a new FJ Thursday for $2000 under MSRP sticker, so i decided to try it and got the same quote from the same dealer after telling the sales guys I wouldnt buy it for a dime more, they promptly shoved me into the fleet office and he said no problem. I also went to another dealer locally that had a $3995 markup over MSRP on every window sticker, the salesman said lets go in and see what we can do, after talking to hos boss the sales manager came out and offered it to me at sticker price - I laughed in his face, that shut him up. He then said "I see that isnt going to work for you, whatdid you want to buy it for?" and I said that the other dealer offered it at $2K under sticker, he promptly wrote that discount on a business card, signed it and handed it to me, said to get my best price and see him last, he would beat it. So now I'm pretty confident I can get it even lower, so my search continues. Thats SoCal for ya.. there's plenty on the lots so they know the waiting list days & huge markups are over.

Attempting to get a lower price then just 500

I'm Attempting to get a lower price then just 500 off the sticker. So heres what i did. I went to toyota.com and emailed all the dealerships on the list for a quote. So when they call me im going to have them goto www.mypearl.us/fjc.jpg . Thus seeing who can get closest to TMV! so ..... think it will work????? LOL

best regards,
bogie

ps, web cam is off hehe - thats my disclaimer for you fancy pc users!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom