For Sale Price Reduced:1971 FJ40 with OCD FST Cupertino, CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1971 FJ40

Work since I’ve owned beginning in mid 2011:

• Refreshed 2F installed by Mudrak(new seals, new clutch etc)
  • Rebuilt 4 speed(to replace 3 on tree) and rebuilt transfer case installed by Mudrak
  • Rebuilt Carburetor by Mudrak
  • New exhaust and muffler from manifold to tip by Mudrak
  • Shackle Reversal by Mudrak
  • Saginaw power steering by Mudrak
  • FJ60 disc brakes in front with knuckles rebuilt with Marlin HD Ecoseals.
  • 2 new stock steelies from Toyota to clear the new discs
  • 5 tires 31x10x15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs – less than 1000 miles on them
  • New windshield and OEM windshield gasket/lock ring
  • New OEM windshield bumpers on hood
  • Replaced dash pad with new OEM replacement
  • Seats torn down, padding replaced from $OR, covers from AATLAS1x.
  • OEM Aussie 9 Blade fan
  • GMB Water Pump and Gates belts.
  • FJ60 Coolant reservoir added
  • Stereo installed professionally – Bliztsafe ipod cable to underseat marine amp, new Pyle Marine speakers up front mounted in existing holes, used Bose outdoor speakers zip tied to roll cage in rear.
  • Jim/OCD Beetle Soft top with OEM Bows (NOT Paki remakes)
  • New 3 point seatbelts installed and welded to roll bar by Any7Offroad
  • Wheelskins leather steering wheel cover
  • 4+ 2 Inch anti-inversion shackles in back with greasable pins and new bushings.
  • OEM gas cap replaced
  • Interstate Battery (2 years ago, cranks starter with ease)

Original Hardtop intact with all glass

Starts immediately and runs smoothly. I have driven it a limited amount over the last year and have confidence that it will get me from point A to point B reliably.

It has an enjoyable patina with no major rust issues. Small spots on the rear quarters were wire wheeled, OSPHO’d, primed, and painted.

Some denting in hood - again, I’m not a whiz in this area, so I didn’t take a real stab at it.

As stated above, this sale includes the hard top and jump seats(original covers), not pictured.

I am happy to provide any additional information. I absolutely love this 40, and I am selling with a heavy heart. I am going back to college to finish my degree, and I can’t afford to have this value tied up in a second vehicle right now.

Asking $15,000 OBO

PM me with any offers, questions, or comments. Thanks.

Last edited:
Love the color! GLWS

I'm in the same boat with my 40. You know you will miss it, but we can't take it with us.

As well, I should mention that this 40 came from Ukiah, CA, where it sat in a barn for a number of years before a gentleman named Robert hauled it out and sold it to me. Below are some additional photographs.

Last edited:
Nice truck. Curious as to which power steering bracket setup that is. I have the early air cleaner also and have wondered if anyone makes a bracket that allows for power steering.

Lowered asking price to 13k for MUD. This thing runs like a champ and is one of the smoothest driving 40s you will find. PM me with any questions. I'm happy to take specific pictures or video at your request.

Last edited:
I will not be selling any pieces of this cruiser individually. I will sell the FJ40 without the soft top and bows if you like(and I'll keep them), but they are not for sale separately.

Nice truck. Glws.

Nice! Very well built and looks great. Wish it had more legroom and gas capacity....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom