Price of OEM remanufactured caliper ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
If anyone can remember the price of remanufactured OEM caliper for FJ62 from Toyota dealer, could you please inform me ?
Here in Korea, only Lexus dealer and they only offer new parts not Reman.

Oh, Min Seok

prolly around $120 each. I have been using high quality aftermarket remans, they are like $50 each, no issues with them at all

So, $120 means $120 + core ? wow....
And could you please suggest aftermarket vender who offers good quality with not so expensive price ?
Thank you,

Oh, Min Seok

forget if there is a core or not.

my vendor is a local commercial brake supply shop

schaats said:
So, $120 means $120 + core ? wow....
And could you please suggest aftermarket vender who offers good quality with not so expensive price ?
Thank you,

Oh, Min Seok

list is $73.80 each+$20 core. does not come with pads, most of the reman aftermarket come with pads included(but not always the best)

Don't some years of 4-runner caliper fit? There is a link in the tech section about 4-runner calipers, but I can't get it to link today. I seem to remember the 4-runner calipers have bigger pistons and pads and are from an early 90's model. I suppose you loose the core if you dont have a swap, but the newer 4-runner stuff might be cheaper.

slickotter said:
Don't some years of 4-runner caliper fit? There is a link in the tech section about 4-runner calipers, but I can't get it to link today. I seem to remember the 4-runner calipers have bigger pistons and pads and are from an early 90's model. I suppose you loose the core if you dont have a swap, but the newer 4-runner stuff might be cheaper.

I forget the exact years, but I used the 93 4runner 4WD V6 Calipers with no real fitment issues. First two sets from autozone leaked horribly, third set from NAPA was the winner. The only thing you have to do is trim brake dust shield about an inch on each side of the caliper.

I was concerned that the 7/8" MC wouldn't be able to pump enough fluid so I also upgraded to an 93 FJ80 NON-ABS 1" MC . It bolted right up to the booster and need only a small amount of lines bending in order to hook it up.

This was for an '87 HJ60, it should be the exact same for an FJ60/62.

sl33py said:
pilots - what did the calipers cost? sounds like a great solution! also, how much was the non abs MC?

rob

$75 each. The MC was $100, but ake sure you get one with a resevior. You can also use one from a T100 pick-up. I went the new/expensive route. You can do it for a LOT cheaper if you go the junk yard route. I've read some places people have done it for less than $50, but they were extremely lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom