Price of a new Landcruiser 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went to my dealer today to inquire about the price of a new fully loaded Landcruiser 100 here in Thailand:

$ 112500
:'(

I am sorry but I have to stay with my 80 for quite some time. :D

Mike

Mike you should move here.

They are only 62 Grand over here ;)

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=9586;start=msg84075#msg84075 date=1073165376]
Mike you should move here.

They are only 62 Grand over here ;)
[/quote]

Maybe, but I will miss my KING. :cheers:

No wonder that most TOY Dealer never sell one Landcruiser :slap:

Mike

Damn that is in US Dollars !!! Holy moly.. When i was in Munich for Oktoberfest this past Sept/Oct....friend over there was telling me the Mercedes CL 55 AMG goes for less than $100,000, while in the States go for $125K.....unreal!!!!

Don't know about Thai taxes (that sounds funny, but I bet they're not fun to pay!) but I recall from a trip to Singapore a few years ago that the import duty on any car over a certain (very low) sticker price was 100 percent of the purchase price.

I recall it because the in-country executive for my employer was moaning that he had to get a small Benz for his company car since the company's "cheap" perqs package only allowed him $125,000 or so, and the little Baby Benz that was just coming out for about US $55,000 was all he could afford.

He thought he had a tough life :doh:

Hang i there, Mike. Somebody will pay that import duty, and you'll get a great deal on a used 100 -- in a few years!

LT
8)

I was in Belize a number of years back (early '90's). All they had (that were worthwhile) were Land Cruisers (they get some pretty bad rains and have horrendous roads in the rain forests). I got to asking them about this (this was all before I got the 80, but years after my initial purchase of a 40), and they told me that there was an import tax of 100% and that many of the truck that were in country were brought in illegally via Mexico. But that anyone worth their salt would sell their soul to get one.

There was a place they took them to just north of San Ignacio, called the Menonite Village...it was a place where the old Menonites found a home and made themsevels known for their mechanical skills. Well anyway, that was the only place they trusted to work on their LCs...bet they weren't certified technicians too :rolleyes:

So...even at tax rates of 100%, folks find a way around it :D

Tom

[quote author=LT link=board=2;threadid=9586;start=msg84140#msg84140 date=1073177542]
Don't know about Thai taxes (that sounds funny, but I bet they're not fun to pay!) but I recall from a trip to Singapore a few years ago that the import duty on any car over a certain (very low) sticker price was 100 percent of the purchase price.

I recall it because the in-country executive for my employer was moaning that he had to get a small Benz for his company car since the company's "cheap" perqs package only allowed him $125,000 or so, and the little Baby Benz that was just coming out for about US $55,000 was all he could afford.

He thought he had a tough life :doh:

Hang i there, Mike. Somebody will pay that import duty, and you'll get a great deal on a used 100 -- in a few years!

LT
8)
[/quote]

That is our problem too. Yeah, I will wait for a used one but unfortunately at that rate there will be in the future maybe only a hand full to choose from :'(

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom