Price for new rear window regulator gear >$300 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I dropped off my broken plastic rear window regulator gear at the gear shop I usually use for work...

Over $300 for complete gear, machined relief groove, and machining to mate with the double key shaft.

Does anyone know what they have cost in the past... I feel that $300 is a little steep, but I can't seem to find another option right now.

Jeff

Somewhere @ $60 to 75 for the ones that were aftermarket. I don't know about OEM plastic ones. Sorry.

@fj55-100 is working on a gear, you might reach out to him and see how close he is to having something ready.
If I know anything about Evan everything he is involved with will be done right and priced fairly.

a 1 off machine job, probably about right.
multiple units lowers cost

I dropped off my broken plastic rear window regulator gear at the gear shop I usually use for work...

Over $300 for complete gear, machined relief groove, and machining to mate with the double key shaft.

Does anyone know what they have cost in the past... I feel that $300 is a little steep, but I can't seem to find another option right now.

Jeff
i have s machine shop buddy that makes them 11 at a time. I was selling them for $80 esch. made from brass.

I'm 3D printing a gear shared by Classic Expedition Vehicles. I'm doing it in Polycarbonate for someone in Las Vegas.
I can print these for around $20 each, plus shipping etc.
If anyone wants one PM me.
Shipping ler unit would be cheaper for multiple.
Intended to say thats $20 Australian.

I'm 3D printing a gear shared by Classic Expedition Vehicles. I'm doing it in Polycarbonate for someone in Las Vegas.
I can print these for around $20 each, plus shipping etc.
If anyone wants one PM me.
Shipping ler unit would be cheaper for multiple.
Polycarbonate is an interesting material choice. Any background on that choice? Just curious.

Polycarbonate is an interesting material choice. Any background on that choice? Just curious.
The original designer used a ploycarbonate base material and has been using it for a long time in daily use. It prints easier than Nylon, so I'm basically following their recommendation.

The original designer used a ploycarbonate base material and has been using it for a long time in daily use. It prints easier than Nylon, so I'm basically following their recommendation.
Interesting. I would have thought nylon also but I don't know much about 3D printing. There are two types of gears depending on which shaft you are mating it to. Which one are you printing? Maybe a photo would help. Thanks.

Hello Everyone,
While I can't personally speak to the performance of the material. The model supplier indicates he has not had any issues.
The material is not a pure PolyCarbonate but a special blend for 3D printing.
If your interested the material datasheets are linked at the bottom of the supplier page. Here: Prusament PC Blend Jet Black 1kg - Prusa Research - https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/prusament/1252-prusament-pc-blend-jet-black-1kg.html

I'd even go so far as to say that if the gear fails under normal conditions I'd be happy to replace it with the same again for free. Excluding shipping of course. If they do fail I might even be open to replacing them with nylon. I would ask that the original be returned or a discussion with photos etc. for study.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom