Price for injector rebuild? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Normandy Park Wa. ........now in San Diego Ca.
when should I look to have the injectors rebuilt? My 2H runs great, no missing or excess smoke....she has 228km's on the clock.

went by a local diesel shop and got a price for rebuild...Was quoted $24.00 each...sounds reasonable, just wondering if she needs this yet?

24 $ !! It's cheap !... is it to much cheap ?

It was 60$ (can$) last time... and I found it cheap.

That price is about right, there is not much to a rebuild. But, if it is running fine why would you rebuild them? I thought he same thing with my truck - rebuild the injectors as it had 300K on the odo, so I removed them, brought them in and had them rebuilt - the guy said they were perfect to begin with and the truck ran the same.

Regards,

$24 each is probably either just the labor or just the parts. I just had mine done yesterday and the nozzles were 25 and the labor was 20.

If you take them in, a good shop will not automatically rebuild them. They will check the breaking pressure and the spray pattern. If either is out, they they will likely suggest that you have them rebuilt. I would double check on the $24/injector. That is an amazing price. For that price I would find another used set and get them rebuilt just to have on hand. I was quoted $100 CAN plus tax per injector at Valley Fuel Injection. I bought new ones in Auzzie for $50 US plus shipping.

another option.

There is a guy on ebay from australia that is selling sets of nozzles(3B) for about $100 US shipped. He will also sell a set of 4 injectors for a 3B completely assembled for $275 + shipping. I think he lists 2H as well. I had some contact with him, but I found a local shop that was recommended and went with them instead.

I would double check on the $24/injector. That is an amazing price.

What is amazing, is how expenive things have become in Canada in the past few years. The cross-border difference is mind boggling. :frown:

24 $ !! It's cheap !... is it to much cheap ?

It was 60$ (can$) last time... and I found it cheap.

60 bucks each is what I paid a couple of years ago for my 2H. I had excess white smoke on cold start for about a minute or two though so it was obvious that they needed a rebuild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom