SOLD *Price Drop* LHD Restored 1985 BJ74 - 13BT Turbo Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Sad to sell, but i need to make room. :confused: @Onur (beno) knows this truck well

*note that the steering wheel is only upside down in the pictures because the wheels are turned. the wheel is uber straight*

1985 LHD BJ74 Toyota Land Cruiser – Turbo Diesel 13BT

This Land Cruiser is epic and needs nothing. It has gone under a full restoration approximately 5 years and just gone under another big upgrade approximately 4 months ago.
The frame off restoration included transitioning it from a RHD (BJ74s were only made as a RHD Japanese vehicle) to a LHD. This is probably the only LHD BJ74 in the states (possibly). During the restoration every part was refurbished, rebuilt, or if it was in very good condition it was left with the original parts, i.e. the front and rear seats and some of the hard to find parts.

You will not find a better BJ74 out there and I wouldn’t be afraid to drive this truck across country. Starts immediately and have tons of power. Will cruiser the highway at 75mph with zero issues with the 5-speed manual transmission.

There is a comprehensive build thread on Ih8mud - BJ74 Restoration and LHD Conversion has begun!

Along with this build after I bought the truck I did the following rebuilds/upgrades – most within the last year – Ive got receipts for all the work recently done.
Put a full float rear axle in
  • Front and rear electric lockers
  • 16” OEM wheels and MT tires
  • Rebuilt all injectors
  • Rebuilt glow screen – with variable settings
  • Rebuilt Turbo
  • Rebuilt injection pump
  • Complete OEM rewire – this was a massive job but done correctly.
  • Updated front grill to new 70 series
  • JK Speaker LED Headlights
  • Complete 3” exhaust – from engine back
  • Rebuilt OEM PTO Winch
  • 2” wheel spacers
  • Aligned and properly castered
  • LHD proper blinker assembly
  • New alternator that has an internal voltage regulator
  • OEM Toyota Snorkel
  • Upgraded sound system

More information about the truck. Has a 13BT Turbo Diesel that is producing around 15 lbs of boost, ARB front bumper, 12v inverter that runs the radio and light harness for pulling a trailer, 2.5” lift, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, A/C, adjustable steering wheel, block heater, the entire truck was dynomatted, push button 4WD, entire frame coated with POR15. 1000’s of hours invested and well over $65K spent to get this incredible truck perfectly built.

$35,700K OBO - would consider trades of some sort
IMG_0084.jpg
IMG_0099.jpg
IMG_0096.jpg
IMG_0110.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg

Last edited:
sending PM - Coming through Boulder - want to put eyes on this great truck.

IMG_0115.jpg

Is the stick on the far left for the PTO?

By the way very nice Cruiser :clap:

"Is the stick on the far left for the PTO?"

not my trcuk but the answer is yes.

Just curious what kind of mileage it gets? I sure wish I could talk the boss into it.
im actually not sure. I do know i feel like i never have to fill it up....especially since i drive a supercharged 200 series .. lol.

if i had to guess it would be 24-25mpg. pure guess though

I'm trying to talk her into it. I've read the build thread and WOW. Sure would be a sweet land cruiser for my first. Trade ya for my 87 samurai! Just kidding.

I'm trying to talk her into it. I've read the build thread and WOW. Sure would be a sweet land cruiser for my first. Trade ya for my 87 samurai! Just kidding.

It’s way better than the build thread. One of one with everything done (now).

Hello, have a long list of toys to trade, from Humvee to Mercedes, BMW 8 SERIES, 78 Corvette Silver Anniversary

Thanks

89 HUMVEE 4D.jpgLS.jpgRS.jpg

97 BMW 850 FT.jpg2.jpg

06 MRCDZ CLS 500.jpg

78 VETTE SILVER ANNIVERSARY.jpg

CARS.jpg

This, I want to see. A 70 series swapped for classic 'Murican muscle!

well unfortunately it's a 318 car with a few body issues...looking at some other trades though

You know, pretty much every car in the US is left hand drive....boring! I have the same cruiser as you in RIGHT HAND DRIVE. I'd be up for swap with some cash from your end . :rofl:

well unfortunately it's a 318 car with a few body issues...looking at some other trades though

You know you want the Bentley and the fox body!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom