SOLD Price Drop-1985 BJ73 RHD, 12v, Southern Illinois (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1985 Imported from Australia. Clear Illinois title. Right hand drive. 4cyl diesel (3B) Compression was good when I checked it last year, 5 spd manual. Ac (R134 conversion), power windows, tilt, Kenwood Bluetooth stereo, newer suspension lift and 33” tires, warn winch and aftermarket bumper. New brakes all around, rebuilt starter, upgraded charging system (I replaced the regulator with an updated solid state model), red top battery, block heater (In the freeze plug), upgraded glow plug system wilson switch mod). New seats. This is a great survivor and is very original. The body is “ok” for its age, no rust underneath and only very minor surface rust shown. The frame is in great shape, no issues. I daily drive this and is is very dependable. 356,xxx KM and growing.

I have owned it a little over a year. I purchased it from a fellow Mudder, and it has been well taken care of and garage kept.
Like I said, I drive this every day to and from work, weekend trips, hunting, etc. This IS my vehicle...my only vehicle. :)

The bad:
The windshield has some rust on the inside. I believe this is a common problem.
The vent selector can be stubborn and occasionally the cable will pop off....more of an annoyance than anything.
The body needs paint. Sun faded and 34 years old...what do you expect :)
Minor fender bender in it's past and the repair is showing.

I put quite a bit of time and effort when I first bought it to get it to where it was a dependable daily driver.
Small things, really. I am in need of a truck.....otherwise I would keep it. It is a head turner.

Price: $14200. If you don't want the Winch, $13,500

IMG-6624.jpg
IMG-6627.jpg
IMG-6629.jpg
IMG-6621.jpg
IMG-6622.jpg

Last edited:
Because I am 6'2 and a large man, when I replaced the seats I moved the drivers seat back 3". It made a huge difference for me. This can easily be put back if your are shorter. :) I also have the original seats.

If you get desperate enough to want a 1st gen Tundra, check my thread in the tundra section. I can feel your cruiser calling my name!

If you get desperate enough to want a 1st gen Tundra, check my thread in the tundra section. I can feel your cruiser calling my name!
I like your Tundra! if you could do some cash as well maybe we can work something out :)

Sorry for the delay....I have been moving. The weather here has been awful, so I am going to post up the pictures of the underside from when I bought the cruiser in Late 2018. These pics are a year old, but they will show much better that the current given that I don't have access to a lift and there is snow on the ground.

Price drop to $14200. If I don't get this sold soon, it's off to auction. :)

My son said something this morning about how he wishes we still had this. I didn't know it was for sale. :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom