Price check 96 Triple lock 129k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2MinutesTurkish

it was two minutes, five minutes ago...
Threads
Just checking what you would offer for a 96 with 129k miles, very little surface rust underneath, and oxidized paint. It has a 3-link but "doesn't feel stable at highway speeds" due to body sway. Interior is decent.

I wouldn't be able to fix whatever is wrong with the suspension geometry so it would go to a shop.

I could go see it in oerson and get a bunch of photos but starting price is $15k obo.
Screenshot_20220130-121957_Facebook.jpg

Is that in RI or Hawaii?? I would check the body and frame very closely for rust, again.

The grill is wrong for a 96 model, was that changed?

What was done to fill in the holes for the fender flares?

Big ticket item can be a bad head gasket, doesn't blow out on all vehicles
but it's a known issue on a percentage, so look/inspect closely for signs of block/HG sealers being dumped into the cooling system.

IMHO these all need a complete inspection, check out these links:

Either way, bring cash for a down payment if you decide it's the one as these generally sell very fast.

Is that in RI or Hawaii?? I would check the body and frame very closely for rust, again.

The grill is wrong for a 96 model, was that changed?

What was done to fill in the holes for the fender flares?

Big ticket item can be a bad head gasket, doesn't blow out on all vehicles,
but it's a known issue on a percentage, so look/inspect closely for signs of block/HG sealers being dumped into the cooling system.

Needs a complete inspection; check out this link:

Either way, bring cash for a down payment as these generally sell very fast.
Great points.

1. I moved to Hawaii where thus truck is. Need to update my location. Hawaii still = ocean so your point remains.

2. Yes he installed a 94 grill. I actually prefer the 94 grill but that's just me.

3. Has flares you can put back on.

3 Link!!!!!!! That's got to add at least another $10,000.00 to the price.

Highly modified trail rigs like that can be a tough sell. It's a very niche market, and people with 15k to spend usually go for clean stock or mildly modified examples.

That being said, I don't know what the market is like in Hawaii; maybe there's a bigger demand for built trucks like that.

I'd say you'd be better off fixing the suspension issues before you sell.

Highly modified trail rigs like that can be a tough sell. It's a very niche market, and people with 15k to spend usually go for clean stock or mildly modified examples.

That being said, I don't know what the market is like in Hawaii; maybe there's a bigger demand for built trucks like that.

I'd say you'd be better off fixing the suspension issues before you sell.

I believe he’s looking to purchase instead of sell

What 3 link setup? Homebrew or other (Billy’s)
4wheel underground I believe. I do at see highsteer but kinda fuzzy. Hellfire knuckles installed?

Looks like coil overs in the rear too. Did they go through the floor or adapt to stay less intrusive

It won’t do highway comfortably. Do you plan to do a lot of Highway (Limited in the islands) or DD ?

I’d be researching the fix before making a valuation. Unsteadiness due to lack of swaybar or whack geometry? Maybe take for a PPI at shop you would trust to do future work or diagnostics. Or at least go get alignment readings to see where castor is at.

Sum of parts is probably 15. I’d be more in line with 10. But your location demands a premium. Maybe ask for prior (mud ?) ownership or history to track where it’s been and previous life secrets/intel.

I believe he’s looking to purchase instead of sell

What 3 link setup? Homebrew or other (Billy’s)
4wheel underground I believe. I do at see highsteer but kinda fuzzy. Hellfire knuckles installed?

Looks like coil overs in the rear too. Did they go through the floor or adapt to stay less intrusive

It won’t do highway comfortably. Do you plan to do a lot of Highway (Limited in the islands) or DD ?

I’d be researching the fix before making a valuation. Unsteadiness due to lack of swaybar or whack geometry? Maybe take for a PPI at shop you would trust to do future work or diagnostics. Or at least go get alignment readings to see where castor is at.

Sum of parts is probably 15. I’d be more in line with 10. But your location demands a premium. Maybe ask for prior (mud ?) ownership or history to track where it’s been and previous life secrets/intel.
Oh yeah, misread that one.

I'll second the poster above that I wouldn't pay more than 10k for that rig.

Being undrivable at highway speeds isn't usually a great selling point for a $15k vehicle.

Thanks for the dose of info and reality. Probably going to pass unless the deal is just too good. As always thanks Mud. Hope to be back in a cruiser soon but won't rush it.

Depending on the island you live on you will have “recon” inspection. They are getting more tough with safety inspection now.

$40,000.00 and not a penny more.

Poorly setup 3-link plus your own lack of desire/ability/knowledge to tinker with it would make this one worth $0. What kind of 4x4 fabrication shops do you have in Hawaii? This is something I probably wouldn't trust to a shop except for one with a very specific skillset.

IMO you need to really know your 'stuff' before buying someones else's lifted/modified rig. I'd be quite leery of that one.

Better to start with a clean, stock unit and build it the way you want over time. IF the vehicle were owned by a family member, friend or close acquaintance where you could get all the information on it and drive it multiple times, it might be different. If it were me....I'd pass on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom