Builds Previously known as the 'One Week Resto' now Pathetically keeping it alive... 500k (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

it wasnt all that bad today...afew cups of java...good to go

I think i posted these before...kids had fun with crash test vehicles

we test impact restraint systems in various situations and analyze the results.

i dont know if you can see it on the crash test car ...but the front says Heep and on the back it says it's a heep thing :D
MVC-001F.JPG
MVC-002F.JPG

had my truck sit for 18 days when i went off for the adoption...it didnt like it so much

My rear heater is leaking now
my powersteering box is leaking at the arm
and my rear diff cover is now leaking

it's kinda like the truck got pissed at me :)

That bites. But, more importantly, how'd the trip go?! How's the little one?

:cheers:

That bites. But, more importantly, how'd the trip go?! How's the little one?

trip went well enough...some families got sick...even a family on their third chinese adoption...we on our second also got sick...me for one day wife for 4 days...it's not fun when you dont think you'll be able to get out of the bathroom :rolleyes:

you try really hard not to get any of that water in you ...but...as hard as you try...sometimes it unavoidable :meh:

I did considerable well...stuck with breads and processed meats...even gained a few pounds LOL

trip went well enough...some families got sick...even a family on their third chinese adoption...we on our second also got sick...me for one day wife for 4 days...it's not fun when you dont think you'll be able to get out of the bathroom :rolleyes:

you try really hard not to get any of that water in you ...but...as hard as you try...sometimes it unavoidable :meh:

I did considerable well...stuck with breads and processed meats...even gained a few pounds LOL

That's great news Johnny...congratulations to you and the whole family :cheers::cheers::cheers:

she's been a real trooper in all this...we have had quite a few dr visits and such since we have had her home...she's a good kid :)

we have been blessed with all our kids being good...We have just signed up the two older kids in "Young Marines" and I have also signed up as a parent instructor...they are good little recruits :D

BTW here's a chinese military truck...they were doing some training on the streets...well...i think it was just a training :hmm:
IMG_5382.jpg
IMG_5524.jpg

Glad the trip went well! Hope to see you all soon and get to meet the new addition:clap:

yes chris we will get together soon "Young Marines" and Maggies dr visits are keeping us buisy for probably till Memorial day weekend it looks like on our calender...we'll arainge something after then.

also in beijing we had a great conversation with this gentelman ...he owned ...passed down many generations...a home built 1540? or there abouts...very cool (ex military guy)

we took in more sites and went for a tricshaw ride (spelling?)
IMG_5138.jpg
IMG_5144.jpg
IMG_5145.jpg

I was going to ask you whether you took any steam train photos Johnny. But it seems that the massive progress China has made in recent years has seen them virtually disappear from regular use. (Luckily I Googled it first..)

I've always connected China with "keeping steam trains" and was keen on visiting just for that aspect alone. .... Damn progress!

BTW - Congrats on the new addition. :cheers:

I was going to ask you whether you took any steam train photos Johnny. But it seems that the massive progress China has made in recent years has seen them virtually disappear from regular use.

I'm big into the old steam train thing...and i was hoping to maybe see some old stuff in the second city we went to...but...that was the heavyist in construction I have ever saw...for every building I saw getting torn down there was 3x that being built new...and I must have saw 100+ being taken down...dirt...dust....smog...just bad

when we 1st entered this city it was just rubble everywhere...the third pic is where buildings "used to be"
IMG_5355.jpg
IMG_5356.jpg
IMG_5363.jpg

also in beijing we had a great conversation with this gentelman ...he owned ...passed down many generations...a home built 1540? or there abouts...very cool (ex military guy)
(spelling?)

Very cool...also makes it hard to blame the PO for anything :beer:

The gentleman was really cool...he was the 1st to take a picture of us...turns out that any foreigners are like celebrities there...had one guy take at least 9 pictures of us and many more of our friends...i'm just glad none of their lenses broke when they took mine :D

he was surprised i had known he was in the military...and not just for a short time...he was old school and proper...basically at attention when he talked to us as a group.

BTW here are my leaks
IMG_5928.jpg
IMG_5930.jpg
IMG_5931.jpg

The gentleman was really cool...he was the 1st to take a picture of us...turns out that any foreigners are like celebrities there...had one guy take at least 9 pictures of us and many more of our friends...

That's funny. We had the same thing happen to us. We visited Tienenmen Square and had several people come up to us and ask to get their pictures taken with us. BTW, cool pictures. It really makes me want to go back.

That's funny. We had the same thing happen to us. We visited Tienenmen Square and had several people come up to us and ask to get their pictures taken with us. BTW, cool pictures. It really makes me want to go back.

This time was much different than last...it was a site to see the amount of construction at that scale.

Guangzhou was very much the same...someplaces had moved...but...for the most part unchanged. Lucy's is still in Shamian Island and there is still plenty of shopping down there. The medical building doing the adoptive families has moved and the consulate is moving to a new facility. The White Swan Hotel was also closed for renovations...couldnt even get inside to see the lobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom