Previous owner used synthetic and changed every 10k...not crazy about it. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrX

Threads
I don't use synthetic but my truck came with it. He changed the oil about every 10k, isn't that stretching it?

Tried a search didn't come up with anything.

Nope - my dealership has been putting synthetic in my 200 every 10k miles since 2014. Pretty sure that's SOP these days...
Thanks, that's great to hear. I've just never used synthetic. My LS430 is conventional every 5k.

I don't use synthetic but my truck came with it. He changed the oil about every 10k, isn't that stretching it?

Tried a search didn't come up with anything.
easy to check the owners manual/associated maintenance guide. You can download from the Toyota website if needed.

2 things to consider...
1) 0w-20 is ONLY available as a synthetic
2) the 8 quart system practically guarantees the oil will be up to the task up to 10k miles

That said. I still change mine at around 6k miles (I stocked up on a super special @ $1/ quart a while back)

enjoy the journey

Reactions: MrX
easy to check the owners manual/associated maintenance guide. You can download from the Toyota website if needed.

2 things to consider...
1) 0w-20 is ONLY available as a synthetic
2) the 8 quart system practically guarantees the oil will be up to the task up to 10k miles

That said. I still change mine at around 6k miles (I stocked up on a super special @ $1/ quart a while back)

enjoy the journey
There are a few synthetic blend 0w-20 oils.

There are a few synthetic blend 0w-20 oils.
I stand corrected. I've not seen them on the shelves before. I've been led to believe that it's better to bite the bullet and go full synthetic. However, I'll confess to using syn/blend about 15 years ago. I figure on a beast as "not cheap" as a 200, might as well spend a few more pennies...

Synthetic every 10k is what’s in the owners manual for the ‘17. Sounds like you got a cared for truck.

He was smart, too, because he took it to Toyota most of the time.

And yes, 9.5 out of 10 condition. OEM Lexus all weather floor mats in the back to swap out with the carpet ones, came with 2 keys, and even the wireless headphones for the screens behind the seats were still there. The guy was a traveling salesman so my truck is mostly highway miles, and the previous owner said nobody had ever even sat in the back except his two Weiner dogs lol.

Traveling salesman means lots of freeway miles probably not towing. Great scenario for oil life and avoiding wear.

Traveling salesman means lots of freeway miles probably not towing. Great scenario for oil life and avoiding wear.
Yes sir! Also it’s nice to know it wasn’t beaten to death as a family vehicle.

I’m going to call the dealer or drive there to talk to them and make a little day trip and drive though the mountains. They’ll have to remember it, how many LX570s do they service?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom